ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BROADBAND PROBLEMO

Astra SRi T
:D ive had tiscalli broadband for 3 months and its been running fine, then last night at about 7pm we had a 10 second power cut, then my broadband stopped working for no reason, the ADSL light is flashing, so i phoned up tiscali and done all the checks they asked me to do, they checked the line and said it was fine. I dont know what to do, they said they cant see anything wrong, how can it be fine for months then just stop workling for no apparent reason :(:rolleyes:

I was using a wireless router and im still getting a full signal to my laptop, i even tried the wired route that came from tiscali and thats not working either, ive checked all the microfilters, and plugged it in to the master socket still no joy, i also know its not just my pc as i have another 2 pc's and they are the same to.

anyone got any ideas?:eek:

R26
Didnt you have to configure your wireless router with the correct ADSL settings?

They normally do require a couple of things to be changed and for you to enter your username and password if you have one

Astra SRi T
Didnt you have to configure your wireless router with the correct ADSL settings?

They normally do require a couple of things to be changed and for you to enter your username and password if you have one

yes username and password entered, also a dial up box came up when i was on the phone to tiscali and the told me to input 0,38 in the number to be dial'd box , and it came up no dial tone

I would reset the router to factory default settings and then reconfigure it again. Have you got it plugged into a surge protector? Could maybe have damaged something if you had a power cut? Its unlikely i know!

R26
Double check all cables, try different ones if you have them?

Double check your username and password are entered correctly aswell

Astra SRi T
Double check all cables, try different ones if you have them?

Double check your username and password are entered correctly aswell

I have

treid wired router - wasnt even plugged in at time of power cut (was in a box in the wardrobe lol)
wireless router
all sockets
re-installed software
checked the username and passwork with tisaclli
plugged straight thru in to mastersocket
all microfilters
ive reset the router

You will need to press in the button on the actual router in order to reset it to factory settings. Then leave it for 10mins. You will need to do this to the router when only the power cable is plugged in. After ten mins, plug it back in and simply go through the process of setting it up again - username, wep key and off you go. That should sort the problem. If not, then the power cut will have fried some part of the board and they will need to send you a new one or an engineer to come and do the work. Dont stand for any messing about.

OK IGNORE THAT! lol - didnt read your above post

hope that helps.

Last edited:
in that case - the router is dead. You need a new one - its the only possible reason for such a problem. Unless its something dead simple like right clicking on the two computers connection symbol in your task tray and clicking repair. lol.

Astra SRi T
in that case - the router is dead. You need a new one - its the only possible reason for such a problem. Unless its something dead simple like right clicking on the two computers connection symbol in your task tray and clicking repair. lol.

but both routers broken?? one that has ony been used for 1 day untill i got the wirless one.

i reset the router using the button on the back