ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

broke blowers! 172 mk2

Hello all.

I used to have a 182 ff,sold it for a civic type r,now due to needing the cash im back to a 172 mk2!

anyway.. i need a bit of advice if any1 can help..

The interior fans arent working,but all the digital display is. ive searched the forum and found that it should be the resistor pack(common problem?),so bought 1,and still..nothing! So will it be the motor? If so where is it located,and can i test it?

thanks for any advice

Joe

yeah exactly the same as the one i took out. Mine also looked fine. Im thinkin its gotta be the motor..?

RB + LY 182 FF
i got the exact same proble with my ph2 172...
should i just get a motor or try the resistor pack..
i have it booked into a garage this wednesday afternoon to have a look at it im not sure what they will charge me i was told by renault guys at oldham that the motors are around £200

Ive got a motor from the renault breakers coming..ordered the resistor first from them at £40,turned out its obviously not that,so they said they will straight swap it for the motor.
If it turns out it is the motor i will let ya know.

not a clio anymore
there seems to be a few pple with the same issue.
To test the motor, you can remove it reasonably easily. You need a good power supply to start it. I think my bench supplied maxed out at 2Amps and it barely started. (but seemed ok so I changed the resistor pack which was the issue)