ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken Exhaust-Advice Needed Please!!!

FF Clio 182
I was driving home last night and suddenly my clio turned into a spitfire. The exhaust has dropped off just where it connect to the manifold. Where the spring loaded bolts are it looks like it has pulled them through the lugs on the manifold and has made a bit of a mess.

Apart from the cat now being full of gravel and other rubbish the exhaust looks ok itself and im hoping there is a quicker fix than buying a new manifold.

Has anyone had this before or know of any way to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

FF Clio 182
The bolts and springs are all still connected through the exhaust side but where they connect to the manifold they seems to have elongated and widened the lug so they would now effectively slip through. I was thinking bigger bolts and large penny washers to secure it but this part of the exhaust must be under some sort of pressure that would blow that straight off?

Lionel Richie
you just need a new cat fitting kit, £25 from the dealer

your inserts will have rusted to f**k and the bolts have pulled through, very common, nothing is "broken"

FF Clio 182
That sounds exactly like what has happened. The manifold side is really rusty and it has just cracked allowing the bolt to pull through.

Can I ask what comes in the cat fitting kits?

Thanks again for your help, my Sunday has suddenly gotten alot better, apart from I cant drive the beast.....