ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken Gearbox!!!!

Fabia vRS

Dads got a 1.5DCi, had it a year n half... all of a sudden, gearbox started making whining sound wen engine revs over a certain point, and gearstick reallys jumps about while driving ....
a few days later, he cant get 3rd gear at all!! books it in, two days before it goes in, gearbox goes altogether, AA has to be called out, gets it towed to renault.

They PROMISE theyll ring him within 24hrs

he phones them...asks "wats wrong with it?"

"we dunno, but we found loads of bits in gearbox, but they need another technician to come and look at it, but it could be bad driving"

"bad driving!!?!? ive had 6 renaults and none of them have ever had any real problems, so dont turn this on me....and how comes you didnt ring me, and tell me u havent found the problem....like u promised"

woman gives him attitude, saying "we didnt think to ring u as we dunno wats wrong with it"

"why didnt u ring me like u promised, and as common courtesy...? also can i still have my courtesy car on thursday?"

"no...theres none spare now, you have to wait till the tuesday after!"

conversation basically ended there, so now he waits to see whether they gunna blame him for the broken gearbox....he says he not gunna buy a renault EVER again if they make him pay, which hes going to refuse to do even if they send him the bill.

Volvo S60 T5

sh*t mate that sucks, Renault gearboxs aint the best in the world , the dealer should know this!

Why they being so rude, WTF

Name and shame em!

Fabia vRS

dunno, i think hes gunna write a strong worded letter,
they werent happy he was getting a bit adgitated (spelling!) about them not ringin him n leaving him in the dark....they were giving the impression of "its not our fault we couldnt diagnose the problem in 24 hrs!" but they dint realise that wasnt the thing that pissed my dad off.

Fabia vRS

Name n shame......ooooooooo, i think well wait to see wat comes out of it first, then go from there,

its a fairly local one to me, Yorkshire area

Id ring Renault UK and they should fix it you should get a courtesy car. I always get one unless its an easy to fix job should help them get there backsides to fix the car else they dont get there car back.

I think your dads gearbox is having the same problem as mine although mines not tobad just rattle below 2k like a bag of bolts have come loose its done 29k what about ur dads? I take it he is easy on cars? unlike me.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

so theyve found lots of bits in the gearbox but cant see whats wrong with it. what kinda useless muppets they got working there? the bits would have to have come from somewhere (bearing,synchro ring etc). they cant blame your dad for his driving thats bolloks. i would report them to renault customer services and state exactly how badly they have treated you. these muppets is how other people/dealers who try to please costomers just get type cast before they have even tried.