ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken Trophy

ouch indeed, but looks like they have sprayed the rear wheels gold in the centre for some reason :S

FV_312403_4.jpg

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
I just tried to access this site without success, does it mention anywhere what number it is? Might as well keep the records up to date of dead ones over on CT.

Clio 197
Would be a well good track day project, just get it all straightened out and then hammer it round a track. Wouldnt need to worry about getting it all road legal but still such a shame to see another one go.

Renaultsport Clio 182
airbag didnt go off!?!?!?
someone please tell me if i'm talking complete horse sh!te but i'm sure i read somewhere that the Airbags are triggered by sensors. if the sensors dont detect a big enough impact then the airbag wont deploy.

judging by that Trophy (which isn't that bad really) i can see this theory justified. that's why if you have a slight knock the airbag doesn't go off.:approve:

Clio 182
airbag didnt go off!?!?!?
someone please tell me if i'm talking complete horse sh!te but i'm sure i read somewhere that the Airbags are triggered by sensors. if the sensors dont detect a big enough impact then the airbag wont deploy.

judging by that Trophy (which isn't that bad really) i can see this theory justified. that's why if you have a slight knock the airbag doesn't go off.:approve:

Yea you are right. It tends to be the side bags which are very sensitive on most clios. I would guess the pretentioners would have gone off though.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
do you have to open an account to view this site? i can't find the Trophy anywhere on it......

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
just found it, i'd say the subframe has been affected - the indicator light has popped out, meaning the panels has been pushed back and out. Maybe worth a bid of £3k as the shocks are worth half of that figure alone.

If any1 is maybe interested in this then the following may be helpful...

1 redg keeper
Damaged 4 months ago and was written off by Tesco insurance Cat D
Full service history with renault with all the books etc
Full set of keys
Drives fine and has held the water tho the rads a little outa shape!!

Needs..Bonnet,o/s wing, n/s lamp unit,bumper bar,slam panal,bumper,rads, and plastics

Hasnt touched the motor or any of the surrounding area's the bumper and splitter are in the boot/back seat as is the offside lamp unit

The rest of the car is scratch free...

Number 421 or 427 apparently there is an obstruction and cannot make the last number up but its one of them he says..

Last edited:
  5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
Number 421 or 427 apparently there is an obstruction and cannot make the last number up but its one of them he says..

Thanks again, the number is on bottom of the drivers seat above the runners so shouldn't be obstructed!

Its been put in the first position as there are bits in the back and just said there was an obstruction and couldnt make it out..dont put anything down il find out for definate the day of sale

Scott

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
Its been put in the first position as there are bits in the back and just said there was an obstruction and could make it out..dont put anything down il find out for definite the day of sale

Scott

Thanks Scott, interestingly both these numbers have been registered on Clio Trophy, surprised they haven't posted it up over there.