ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT Homehub Issues

Astra Twintop
I've got the black bt homehub 2.0? i think it is.

As of lately its been struggling to hold a connection, and keeps on dropping out etc etc

The blue lights all stay lit, which confused me a little.

Had to reset it several times already, and unplug it from the mains.

Shall i just go and buy a proper router from somewhere?

Netgear/Belkin etc?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Mine used to do it all the time, I just moved it close to the thing I was using. Usually the wireless signal f***s up I found.

Astra Twintop
Its been spot on for 18 months, really cant work out why its suddenly decided to start dropping connection.

Its in the only it can go, im on a laptop, and the xbox is upstairs.

its currently residing in the hallway, only place it can go.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Fair doos. I hit the s**t out of mine in the few years I had it. Worthless, useless, constantly dropping connections. Went through about 3 and then BT Wouldn't replace any more.

Astra Twintop
Perhaps time to visit PC World / Best Buy to see what they have!

Saying that, do best buy do routers etc?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Ive had routers that randomly stop serving wireless when the wired connection is fine, finally settled on a Linksys which has done me well for the last 6 months with no issues, not rebooted it for months. I have found from various people that the BT shipped routers arnt up to much :(

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
love my home hub, never had an issue.

Infact its the best router i've ever owner :approve:

Honda. Tesla Someday
I work for BT too lol ;)

So do I!! ;)

My homehub keep sdropping too, really p*ssing me off! I thought that as an employee, they'd be happy to send me a replacement! But NOOOOOO, £80 for a replacement! Really annoyed!

I have to pull the plug on it at least twice a day! :(

Westy. MX5
If it is just a wireless connection problem then try changing the channel. Other Homehubs close to you may be interferring.
Go to bthomehub.home in your browser you may need an admin password, it's printed on the back of the Hub.
Click on Wireless. It is usually set to Auto, then choose a channel manually, start with Chan 1 for a day or two and if problem persists try Can 2 and so on until connection problem goes away.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I sorted mine, I changed the RJ11 cable from the hub to the filter to a thick Belkin one! Havent had ANY problems since!

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
yep but they have dropped the hub phone from it :(

It's Because Broadband Talk has been dropped.

it can be sent out now if customers ask for it, but otherwise orders will be shipped with the homehub 2.0 until the 28th of febuary