ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT Homehub & NAT/gaming Help.

Ged

PD130 Peach
Right, in our household, i have a problem.

I am quite clued up on the internet but from what iv read not as much as some people on here!

I have, the first ever white homehub, we also have the homehub phone with it with its own number.

Our contract is up, and dad does not really want to renew it currently. Im a bit of a gamer, and the despite following hours and hours of tutorials and doing everything i could to make my ps3 on a static address and then open ports to make my NAT type 2, and not strict, i still have problems sometimes.

It has varied, Most days i play GT5 its type 2, then occasionally its type 3, bad crack.

When i played modern warfare 3, it was basicly always NAT type strict.

My question is, what can i do to keep the homehub phone, and use a different router to get A) better wireless signal and B) improve my gaming NAT type issues.

forgive me if iv duffed information up or am incorrect anywhere...

Normally end up shouting and screaming at this, and now we have the Homehub phone, are we stuck with BT if we want to keep that number as well as our normal land line number?

Thanks!

Bumder With A Buffer
Have you fully followed the steps at http://portforward.com/ for your relevant router/game?

Whenever I have done it "properly" IE not accidently missed something it has always worked.

MW3 is now fully open on both my parents router and my own SKY one.

Ged

PD130 Peach
Yeah followed it twice from thy website and it never worked! Improved stability a bit, like didn't disconnect me from games as much.

DCi
how far away are you from your router? i am down the other end of the house and gaming is unplayable wirelessly.

i had to buy homeplugs to get a much better connection.

Mito Sportiva 135
Mate I had BT and no one could fix my NAT problem, in the end I switched from them to Sky, and now it is 'moderate' which implies it's a setting on my building's ports rather than specific to your ISP provider. At the end of the day though it worked, although sometimes took a while to get into games.

None of the advice on the BT website worked.