ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BTB exhaust knocking on rear beam

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  182 + 330d
Had my BTB fitted just after I bought my car, admittedly it knocked now and again after the car was lowered 40mm but has got worse recently. Went to a local garage who changed the clamp as my original BTB supplied one wasn't clamping tightly enough and was causing a slight leak, this has fixed some knocking and the leak but it still knocks now and again if I happen to go over a pot hole etc. What would you recommend to fix this for good? My centre mount was replaced around 6 months ago but is sagging very slightly again so no doubt this would help slightly but still this would only bring it up another few mm if that:

IMAG0304.gif

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
If your car is slammed it might knock maybe, other than that i'd go with mounts?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2 & VRs 230
This is proper pikey but seriously it's sorted me right out! I got some puncture repair patches off my mate at his tyre place and glued a load across the area on the rear beam that is knocking. It still might be knocking but I don't notice it anymore! Sorted!

Paul182

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
can you not unscrew the c clamp and move it round a bit so the biggest bit of it isnt facing the rear beam?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  182 + 330d
can you not unscrew the c clamp and move it round a bit so the biggest bit of it isnt facing the rear beam?

Nope as there isn't any room to do it up if its facing up!

Mine used a stainless mikalor clamp at this joint, it did not knock i think it was 68mm.

Ye was looking into these.

Never had any of mine knock even on 100mm drop

Any of your BTB's on a Ph2 172? What Cat/de-cat did you use on each of them?

sport 172
Put a socket in the rear exhaust rubber and cable tie it so it don't Fall out.bodge job but 100% works