ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTB exhaust knocking on rear beam

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Had my BTB fitted just after I bought my car, admittedly it knocked now and again after the car was lowered 40mm but has got worse recently. Went to a local garage who changed the clamp as my original BTB supplied one wasn't clamping tightly enough and was causing a slight leak, this has fixed some knocking and the leak but it still knocks now and again if I happen to go over a pot hole etc. What would you recommend to fix this for good? My centre mount was replaced around 6 months ago but is sagging very slightly again so no doubt this would help slightly but still this would only bring it up another few mm if that:

IMAG0304.gif

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
If your car is slammed it might knock maybe, other than that i'd go with mounts?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
This is proper pikey but seriously it's sorted me right out! I got some puncture repair patches off my mate at his tyre place and glued a load across the area on the rear beam that is knocking. It still might be knocking but I don't notice it anymore! Sorted!

Titanium 182
can you not unscrew the c clamp and move it round a bit so the biggest bit of it isnt facing the rear beam?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
can you not unscrew the c clamp and move it round a bit so the biggest bit of it isnt facing the rear beam?

Nope as there isn't any room to do it up if its facing up!

Mine used a stainless mikalor clamp at this joint, it did not knock i think it was 68mm.

Ye was looking into these.

Never had any of mine knock even on 100mm drop

Any of your BTB's on a Ph2 172? What Cat/de-cat did you use on each of them?

sport 172
Put a socket in the rear exhaust rubber and cable tie it so it don't Fall out.bodge job but 100% works