ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTCC Media Day/Launch (Serious Plato/Chev content)

Oil Burner
Shamelessly copy and pasted from my talk photography thread, so you guys can have a gander at the new cars. Check out my site for more pics www.sportstock.co.uk

Well this needs no introduction really, it was a great (very tiring) day, with some great light, some rubbish light and a great chance to say hi to a few of the regulars i haven't seen since Brands Last year.

I was fortunate enough to get a go at tracking shots, 2 laps being thrown around brands by a marshal that always wanted to drive a porsche around brands hatch.... just maybe not with two togs hanging out the back of it.

1. Tracking...

817911203_uLXav-L-1.jpg

2. Still tracking....

817910615_MUDtj-L-1.jpg

3. Not tracking...

817909296_xjJGt-L-1.jpg

4. Kane and the technicolour 3 series

817907787_PyqKS-L-1.jpg

5. Plato sparking up

817905040_L8XFw-L-1.jpg

6. Yup its Blue, Its a Chevrolet and Plato is driving it.... again

817907425_EkVPj-L-1.jpg

7. One of them Vectras, but its funny colours...

817905550_9YYqq-L-1.jpg

8. Guess who/what/where again...

817907990_caLjm-L-1.jpg

9. Tom 2

817905939_VGM9o-L-1.jpg

Thats enough for now, thanks for popping in, your thoughts are as ever appreciated.

plato in the cruuuuuuzeee oh my.

theres nothing i can say.

yes there is, you are amazing.

in a totally gay way, i mean none gay way. oh forget it

1.2 Dynamique billabong
you jammy bugger lol press pass ftw its not everyday you get to do tracking pics on circuit of the whole BTCC pack. im properly jealous lol

awesome shots though buddy.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Oh my at those first two! Really like the first one in particular, the distortion is controlled better, although the second is kinda cool as it looks like an opening sequence to a console came or something. :) The first three look a bit more vibrant than the rest of the set - did it cloud over? (Not that the rest are dull, just seems like a set of two halves).

If you can get #7 on a race day with a full pit lane etc that would look pretty epic, I'm dying to straighten the verticals, but I'm not sure it would work lol.

You've found some good angles anyway and great panning, best set of the season imo. :p

Oil Burner
Cheers Guys,

Ian, Yeh i've lost my spirit level lately... a pet hate of mine, i'm not really sure why i keep doing it lol. It did turn very dull/grey after about 11.00 so thats why theres a little less colour so some of the images.

James, i will Zip some up shortly and fire them over.

Listerine & Poledo
is BTCC going to bring in a whole raft of rule changes again this year?

such as reversing the grids, having the cars line up backwards and have to reverse the first lap, before then having a pit stop and changing to a t-car?

Oil Burner
Cheers mate,

Most of the tracking shots were taken on a 10-22, mostly nearer the 10mm end. I will post a shot showing how close Boardman got to the back of the car, was about 6" at one point.

Not many rule changes im aware of this year, next year there are lots, NGT engines only, at the moment only FWD saloons etc....

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
Those tracking shots really are cool dude.

Also I want the blondes no recon you could sort it? :D

I wish I was able to wander round to every corner and not have a sodding catch fence in my way!

Oil Burner
Cheers for the kind comments guys, they are much appreciated as always,

A few other photos you might like,

819113080_hkPQn-L.jpg

817902436_J4yFt-L-1.jpg

Oil Burner
Just seen this posted on BTCC.Net, was shot by a guy about 2 runs before me, with a much better car line up than i got unfortunately.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RHbb315pxd8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RHbb315pxd8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
interesting one, take it was someone making use of the video facilty alot of bodies now have.

By gosh did neals honda sound cack.

Oil Burner
I wish mate, it was on some rubbish blog cam. I was a little irritated when we were told there was only time for 4 or 5 runs, and this guy had a priority, to take that video! All worked out for the best though.

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
lol guess its another one of the fantastic things that is politics.

Same as a few motor series where I look at their 'lead' togs photos of static cars at 1/1000 and wonder why it is that 90% of the average amateur tog can do better yet struggle to get a look in.

you seen theres a 300 + 1.4tc on TP for sale?