ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTCC Oulton - Sunday in the Sun

Oil Burner
(Mods please leave in photography, Its more intended for these guys)

BTCC this weekend, was my first time at Oulton, I must say i love the circuit, but the 3.5 hr drive im not so keen on.

Not particularly happy with the results of the weekend, was very rushed (all over in 5 hours), Lets just say 4 hours in the car took alot out of me, and not knowing the track made it hard work to be 'different' which is what i like being.

1. Generic Pack shot
550754002_G2VZW-L.jpg

2. I never really found the traditional Oulton shot, however i managed to get these shots with the Oulton themed clutter in the background.
553121677_Nu3PG-L.jpg

3. There were a few of these girls hanging about.
551656129_JUX4r-L.jpg

4. Jordan trying to make a move stick
550766199_USCkU-L.jpg

5. An awful weekend for Seat in general
550765675_puTFt-L.jpg

6. Plato and Neal at it
550826513_3axkn-L.jpg

7. Another one of Plato
550827856_2YDgM-L.jpg

8. This fella did alright on the day (i know its a pretty cack picture, but i like the content)
550757533_ujzGB-L.jpg

9. J George doing what he does best.... Driving right up to his limit... possibly beyond
553118308_4WUVq-L.jpg

10. Pair of RML's Mixed fortunes for these guys.
553142213_m7sSN-L.jpg

Like i say, a very standard set really, but an enjoyable weekend in the sun :)

I wish Oulton was closer!

Nick

For the lodge/deer leap shots, you must have been stood almost next to me, unless you've got super epic length (zoom). At least you'll have walked past me, I was marshalling at that spot :)

Oil Burner
For the lodge/deer leap shots, you must have been stood almost next to me, unless you've got super epic length (zoom). At least you'll have walked past me, I was marshalling at that spot :)

Were you where the Red Ginetta Junior went off? or up the top of the Hill past the marshal post?

Didnt envy you guys in the marshal gear on sunday, good job you all did as always, particularly the bunch who helped Carl Breeze and the other driver in the incident.

Cupra
Lovely shots as always.

There is a thread on POTN dedicated to the marshals actually. Quite a few of the UK circuits are featured on there. You should have a dig through Rednax86, might catch a shot of yourself.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Another great set Nick, particularly like the sense of speed in #7 and the fact you actually managed to find an attractive one in #3 lol. If you're ever up at Oulton again, give me a shout and I'll try my best to make it.

Were you where the Red Ginetta Junior went off? or up the top of the Hill past the marshal post?

Didnt envy you guys in the marshal gear on sunday, good job you all did as always, particularly the bunch who helped Carl Breeze and the other driver in the incident.

Top of the hill, under the big tree in the shade :D

Oil Burner
Top of the hill, under the big tree in the shade :D

In which case i may have spoken to you before the 3rd race, were you the guy lining up jacksons car?

Thanks all for your kind comments, always nice to let some people see these, as most wont get published/seen again.

Nick

Oil Burner
Thanks all,

The Camera is a 40d the lense is a 100-300f4 Quite budget equipment in the grand scheme of things.

Nick

Golf GTD Mk7
nikkor lense mate? looking for something similar. Want to be able to take similar shots from the distance we have to put up with at motorsport events :(

Oil Burner
nikkor lense mate? looking for something similar. Want to be able to take similar shots from the distance we have to put up with at motorsport events :(

Sigma, not sure what body you have, if you can use AF lenses then i think the nikon fit version will work. Probably not if you need AF-s lenses (d40/60 etc...)

the 40d is a canon btw.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
awesome shots mate, i really need to start trying out some different circuits.

what apperture / shutter speed did you use for number 7

also how come whenever i posted motorsport pics up they always get moved out of the photography section where as yours dont lol :)

nice work buddy
James