ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bubbles on my willy!

trabant,

Rear Wheel arches that is, paint bubbling up, dreaded rust. Anyone had the same thing? Can they be patched up or would it be best to have both rear wings fully resprayed

Titanium 182

lol

read the topic i dont know if bubbles is a girl but obv is!

just take the car to a body shop and let them sort it mate

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Got mine done a few weeks ago. I fyou dont cut it out will spread. Got my valver sprayed all round exc rear bumper, roof and hatch for 500 although 300 odd on top was paid by insurance company for damage to car when it was broken into. That sorted out one panel and delocking.

i tried doing mine myself with hammerite krust, halforrds touch up kit(primer, paint, laquer) and fine sand paper. after i got the primer on within a day the rust was coming back thru in bits. prob best to get it done properley on a willy.

ok can patch if u like, but.......................

Outer 1/4 panel replacement, £350 a side plus fitting and painting!

both sides should cost about a grand, for a proper job!

Titanium 182

agree with weight, get a proper job

i had about 3 bubles appearing on my clio N reg nothing bad i just completly ground them out and the whole area as there was nothing major and fibreglassed and primed, if u have loads

or bubles all over that wont grind down as the corroded it will never look right patched and filled

U should really go c a doctor bout that mate,and tell ur girlfriend 2 get cheaked out while ur at it,PS if u havent bn sleepin about shes got some explainin 2 do!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Bloodly hell... i thought id been caught for a second then.. i have a thing about getting on willys.. haha

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I have heard about these rust bubbles, they are hard to shift but with the right tools you dont have to spend a lot of time on shifting them. if your doing any welding make sure you have a bucket of water to put out the possible fires.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

What? just a bit of advice to keep fellow cliosporters safe.;)

(from welding misshaps of course)

Mr2 Roadster

Quote: Originally posted by Bubbles on 13 October 2003

"i have heard bubbles dont put out" dont believe everything you hear...
Is it worth waiting for????

Lee

BMW M2C

Steve, you should have commented on how nice her new top looked. That would have earned you some more brownie points. ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 13 October 2003

Steve, you should have commented on how nice her new top looked. That would have earned you some more brownie points. ;)
Do you think I need them then Lee??? (the brownie points that is;))

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

I noticed your new top Jilly! very nice, its a bubbles colour (and its not black!)

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by JillyB on 13 October 2003

my new jumper rocks :D

anyway lets stop thread hijacking, this poor man has bubbles on his willy!
The new jumper was very nice Jill.:D

He might like bubbles on his willy.;)

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

I know jil, i had to work, i missed you guys loads knowing i was missing out! But i saw the video posted up by weight, i had to rewind.. i didnt realise you were going! All looked good..