ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bucket seat fitment.

Ok so I've had a quick search and can't find exactly my question.

I've just picked up the seat pictured with a mount and side frames.
I've never fitted a bucket seat and obviously want to do it right.

So the mount has 4 bolts on it which I assume hold the side mount onto it, how will I bolt the frame to the car? With the same bolts all together or do I need to get some new bolts and nuts?

I'm going to be keeping the standard seatbelt so I know I could do with routing the outside trough the harness hole but what should I do with the shoulder part of it?
Also where do I mount the seatbelt as it's part of the seat frame as standard isn't it?

Thanks for reading and hope I can get sorted.
Joe
30b11f6cb8846fc86b135a1568e3a5b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Clio 172 Merc ML55
You'll want 4 more bolts to attach the frame to the car, m8x40mm 12.9 high tensile cap head bolts are what I use along with the standard 'top hat' nuts Renault used to secure the seat from factory, I also used some washers to help spread the load across the frame as well.

In theory you could bolt the seat belt tensioner to the side mount, I've seen it done before but whether it's particularly safe or not I couldn't say. I know Cobra made an adaptor plate that came with their subframes to but the tensioner to which is a safer option but I'm not sure if you can buy these separately.

The photo is of a land rover subframe but to the side is what I'm on about above
Screenshot_20170522-073908.png

Ads

You'll want 4 more bolts to attach the frame to the car, m8x40mm 12.9 high tensile cap head bolts are what I use along with the standard 'top hat' nuts Renault used to secure the seat from factory, I also used some washers to help spread the load across the frame as well.

In theory you could bolt the seat belt tensioner to the side mount, I've seen it done before but whether it's particularly safe or not I couldn't say. I know Cobra made an adaptor plate that came with their subframes to but the tensioner to which is a safer option but I'm not sure if you can buy these separately.

The photo is of a land rover subframe but to the side is what I'm on about above
View attachment 188172

Ads
Thanks Ads, very helpful.
Thanks alot [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk