ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bucket seat, seat belt mounting points.

Clio 182
As above really, the buckets are now in. I have (i think) 3 point harnesses. 2 Points are in (the one that goes into the place of the old rear lap belts and the one that fastens to the right. Where does the left bolt on?

Sorry for the really crap explanation! Ill take a picture tonight if need be!

Ta x

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
you can use the mounting for the rear inertia seatbelt.

up on the c pillar. you would need to take some trim off to get at it though.

are there not any more fixing points on the floorpan?

when i had buckets in my RS-1 there were plenty on the floorpan.

Chris

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Here you go...

Mk1 is certain to be different though. :(

fa9105ee.jpg

Clio 182
Ive found mounting points for them, its the points I need by the handbreak! I think im gonna try the subframes...

my subframes had holes in them on the inner side for the seatbelts. if yours haven't then you should just drill some

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
some subframes have holes in pal, others dont!

I've got the same prob at the mo, but iv not got any harnesses as of yet so not had a play!

where did your new frames fit? in the original holes?

i reckon im gonna either use one of the spare holes on the side mount, or im gonna use the original hole that goes through to under the car.

or get my old man to weld me some OE mounts somewhere off some spare seats iv got

any pics mate?

mk1 phase 3
mine go onto the side of the subframe, i took the plastic trim off and removed the original clip where your standard seatbelts go and bolted them into that.

Suzuki SV1000S
On mine they are mounting onto the subframes matey - They usually come with a bolt already there so it is obvious though bit worried about it if yours don't..

You can just about see them on this pic... hope it helps you.

FrntSeats.gif

Got my roll cage fitted too - even harder to get out of now lol!

Clio 182
Mmmm, nice fella! Any pics of the roll cage?
Ill have a look for the fixing point tonight, there proper clio OMP ones so should have summin.

Suzuki SV1000S
Mine are too I think matey - or maybe sparco ones actually - but they should come with the bolts in them already I think - I have a pic of the cage from the front so you can't really see it that well.
This one is the front you can just see the front side impact protection bars though:
DSC00078.gif

This is from the back - rubbish pic though unfortunately sorry was dark last night and was too excited to keep still enough lol!
DSC00077.gif

Suzuki SV1000S
Well it took the garage 4.5 hours to fit at £40 an hour labour + VAT - Cage was done at a 10% cliosport discount plus another 10% - Wasn't stupidly expensive but I did want one that didn't involve cutting the dash - plus the side bars are extras.