ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buckled Bonnet...Need a New One!!??

Clio 182 FF
Parked my car up on New Years Eve out of the way, had a few and went to collect it in the morn, to only find its covered in spit and the bonnet has 3 huge buckles in it, iv had several opinions, one of which is my dad who used to be a panel beater and basically its irreparable. Does anyone know what the best solution would be, or where to find a second hand bonnet for a Silver 182.

Now heres the problem, Im fairly sure that the Silver 182 is a different paint to a standard clio in silver, so by getting a bonnet from a scrap yard i could end up with a mismatch of colour... Or do they know the paint codes of all parts??

Please someone help, even a contact to someone who may stock bonnets...

cheers

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
they arn't that expensive new from renault iirc. Though you could probably get one from scrappy, and get it matched.

Thread useless without pics ;)

And stay away from Renault if you do go down the road of a new one, as they'll rip you off big style :(

Ebay or Scrappies Ftw :)
Or even "car Parts for sale section" on here.

I'm sure Codgey is breaking his 182 the now (but it aint in silver:()

Clio 182 FF
Il try and post some pictures when we get better weather so you can see the damage, problem is the creases are right over the strengthening bars so just no way to repair it!

Im sorry for been thick but what does IIRC stand for?

Clio MK3 Work in progress
Could you not use this as an excuse to get a carbon Fibre Bonnet? If you dont like the look of them there there is a silver bonnet on ebay at moment. 01-06 for £40. You would have to check the exact colour though.
BONNET

Clio 182 FF
Cheers i hadn't spotted that one, just sent him and email to see if its the right colour. thanks again, oh and fraid the carbon fibre bonnet doesnt do it for me, besdies my spare funds have just gone into a millltek ;)

Clio MK3 Work in progress
Cheers i hadn't spotted that one, just sent him and email to see if its the right colour. thanks again, oh and fraid the carbon fibre bonnet doesnt do it for me, besdies my spare funds have just gone into a millltek ;)

Good investment, i want to upgrade the exhaust soon, but my funds are going onto other bits first. ~And your Welcome

96' 1.4 Clio RT & Polo
Il try and post some pictures when we get better weather so you can see the damage, problem is the creases are right over the strengthening bars so just no way to repair it!

Im sorry for been thick but what does IIRC stand for?

IIRC - If I recall correctly