ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Budget 182

Breaking mk2 DCI
Right well for those of you who dont know my dci van met its death a while back and ive wanted a sport for ages so orignally i was after a 1*2 with a knackered engine so i could transplant the diesel into as i do alot of miles for work,
well i through here someone offered me a 172 for a good price which was halfway through a new box going into it,

the car is a 2002 172 with 182 zorst and wheels cat c accident repaired and not very tidy 72k on the clock,

well with the car i got a recon box and a clutch and discs an pads all round so im fitting those
im also changing all the belts pulleys an water pump whilst the engines out
also all the service items too

these of the pics from the previous owner picking it up with a knackered box in november

a317_1.jpg

2b4a_1.jpg

and heres the pics when i picked it up

P1010032.jpg

P1010035.jpg

P1010034.jpg

P1010036.jpg

and heres a little something for the ride height (being painted black as the yellow springs hurt my eyes)

08072009383.jpg

also got a decat to go on

bonnet going back to silver wheels staying black

more pics to follow, any pointers on anything most welcome

also feel free to hassle me for fixings seals etc off the dci its only allowed to stay another few weeks,

Lee:)

Breaking mk2 DCI
removed my bent stub axle after i'd tried fitting a bearing to it knackering a bearing in the process, so another 20 quid, so thats 65 quid i wasnt expecting (45 stub axle),
11072009385.jpg

WELL bent

also changed all my belts and the tensioner an water pump, well my mate did

11072009384.jpg

will hopefully change the drivers seat subframe 2moro as the current one doesnt lock,

as soon as the stub axles done and it rolls im taking outside to steam clean the bay,

Breaking mk2 DCI
Today ive been..................
looking at it alot (i was a tad hungover)
12072009402.jpg

polishing up my inlet writing as it was already painted black

12072009401.jpg

changing my disgusting pollen filter

12072009400.jpg

painting my rear calipers

12072009406.jpg

and heres the fronts with new discs and pads

12072009404.jpg

where there should be a straight stub axle

12072009403.jpg

renault clio F4R timing tool

12072009407.jpg

Breaking mk2 DCI
that brace isnt bracing anything !

why isnt it?

its connected identically to how the OMP fixes?

the circles on the omp one dont actually touch anything but cover the rubber top mounts and sqeak,

car driven with and without and it makes a differance, FACT!

Monaco
why isnt it?

its connected identically to how the OMP fixes?

the circles on the omp one dont actually touch anything but cover the rubber top mounts and sqeak,

car driven with and without and it makes a differance, FACT!

Agreed. A strut brace's only job is not to compress. That will do an adiquate job I'm sure. Bolts could be it's only slight weak point but I doubt OMPs are any better.

Breaking mk2 DCI
bolts are originals as with all the clio braces, its actually thicker gauge steel albeit abit heavier but im going to try make an ally one next perhaps and polish it!

Breaking mk2 DCI
marked it all and lets just hope it works, *fingers crossed*

im not encouraging anyone to do the same,

Breaking mk2 DCI
I did it without the tools first time, just marked the cam pulley positions. I bought the tools when I did my 182 and put cams in my 172. I found it was alot less fiddly with the tools.

well yeah it could be a one man job with the tools im sure and alot less straining, but its done, just waiting on a stub axle now so i can move the car and jet wash the engine bay before dropping the engine in,

Earpl

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
not had chance to look today dude, will check tomorrow.

been at work today lol first time in 3 months looooooooooooool

haha this threads wicked, reminds of my mate that used a bit of cooper pipe and cable ties when his crx backbox fell off

Breaking mk2 DCI
hence the budget 182 title, if i can save a penny i will!, ordered new inlet gaskets and rear bearing deflectors which should arrive wednesday so might have thurs friday off and try get the thing running by then, then an engine and rad flush, and then a quick clean and MOT then who knows ;)

Breaking mk2 DCI
got sum track wheels monday nite

29072009454.jpg

tonite i got bored an got hold of some ASBO orange and basecoated one wheel in like 5 minutes to see how they look

29072009453.jpg

the tyres are wet so i cant mask them so ill just hot wash the paint off them

also had to order a rear brake hose as ones nearly worn through and lost my rear caliper clips so ordered them too,

that bleedin stub axle still hasnt arrived either

Last edited:
  Breaking mk2 DCI
well today ive picked up my replacement brake hose for the nearly split one and fitted my 2nd stub axle for the other side, new rear discs and bearings are on and rear wheels are back on so i took it outside to clean the engine bay

before
03082009457.jpg

after
03082009459.jpg

03082009460.jpg

also ive painted the surface rusty bits where the new front was welded on, ive yet to paint the slam panel but will do it when i take it off to refit the engine,

Breaking mk2 DCI
new brake hose and pads are fitted all round now, hopefully pick the engine crane back up 2moro and spending a full sunday fitting the engine.
Have also notice that i require 2 rear exhaust mounts for the backbox so gonna order them too!

heres the state of the old brake hose
04082009462.jpg

clio 182 sport
lets get this engine in this weekend then mate lol ill help after work on sat n sun then fingers crossed we can mate the meet at the griff in mine sunday afternoon

Breaking mk2 DCI
UPDATE:
engines in an so far ive spied a split CV gaitor and the imobilliser light wont go out so i cant turn the car over have treid a few obvious options but seems i need it reprogramming,

pics will follow once i find my cable