ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Budget job what to buy?

After years of only washing and the odd autoglym polish the clio still looks relatively shiny but if you run your hand over the paintwork you can feel the contaminants. Whilst its off the road i'm thinking of cleaning the bodywork up so what would you guys recommend on a tight budget (read as cheap as possible lol ).

I'm thinking clay bar to get a good base then a decent polish and wax? Any decent budget stuff and will Halfords rob me blind lol car is silver if that makes a difference?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
What's the budget ?

Bilthamber clay bar (only needs water), some SRP and some wax. Might be do-able for £40. Budget levels of cleaning though...

What colour is the car ?

£40 ish would be good. I realise its budget cleaning and not detailing but thought better asking in here rather than buying crap. Money is tight but it does need a good clean stripped all the light off yesterday to flat and polish them and spent hours removing green moss from various places car has been on the backburner for a while !

Its a silver ph1 Titanium silver?

2007 clio dynamique
How about the poorboys range ? You could easily get the polish and wax for less than £40 and i always find it decent enough for the money

My £40ish for Silver would be going....

Cheap synthetic wash mitt from ebay with a couple of cheap buckets. - <£10
Shampoo - Dodo B2BM - £8ish
Bilt Hammer clay as mentioned or the i4d uber lime bar £7 and £1 spray bottle from poundland etc... with a mix of water and shampoo at approx 20:1.
By hand I'd guess something like PB white diamond or AF Rejuvinate on a foam applicator would be most effective on silver (Glaze/cleaner).
Oops, not much left for wax... £5 tester pot of Dodo. I'd go for a hard wax as it's easier to make it spread further - White Diamond or Hard candy. Neither particularly durable though.

Needs approval from the detailing bofs though, better products out there and that includes no tar/iron remover.

(Detailing noob alert! I just like buying things and spending other peoples money)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
On silvers and whites decon is most important before anything. Tar and iron removers defore claying is vital

^ There we go then :)

Sack of the cleaner/Glaze in favour of Iron and tar remover. Then stick to whatever AG polish you already have and a layer of wax over the top.

Realised my £40 spend was assuming you own nothing whatsoever atm....

172 cup
while we are talking budget cleaning, what would be good for mondial blue? i have poorboys shampoo and been using ag srp at the min.