ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buffer

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure there's already a thread for this, sorry if there is. But I'm looking to buy a machine buffer, I understand there's a DA buffer, rotary buffer and another one? What's the best kind of one too go for?

I've heard that Meguiar's G-100 Dual Action Polisher is one of the best, but that's a little out of my price range!

Hope someone can help.

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
You may be best holding out so you can buy a decent one that will last you, rather than buying a cheap and cheerful one then shelling out for a more expensive model later.

Just my two penneth
You're probably right with that, but I just think it will be a long long time before I can afford one you see

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
They're both rotaries, not dual action (from a skim read) and so could lead to damaging the paint if you're using it to learn.

Also, the second one you linked doesn't seem to have variable speeds, which you need for cutting and burnishing.

I've not heard of either of them, but the top one would be where I'd be putting my money if it was me.

...but keep the £65 you want to pay for it, don't go on a night out one weekend, and put that £40 towards the das6 lol

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
They're both rotaries, not dual action (from a skim read) and so could lead to damaging the paint if you're using it to learn.

Also, the second one you linked doesn't seem to have variable speeds, which you need for cutting and burnishing.

I've not heard of either of them, but the top one would be where I'd be putting my money if it was me.

...but keep the £65 you want to pay for it, don't go on a night out one weekend, and put that £40 towards the das6 lol

Oh whoops, what's the difference between rotary and dual action?!

Hmm, that's very true! I'm like super tight at the minute haha! I'm going to keep looking! Which das6 pro is it? There's more than one I see on that website? Also what's the discount we get, I would look but wifi is being awful so would take ages to load

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Oh whoops, what's the difference between rotary and dual action?!

Hmm, that's very true! I'm like super tight at the minute haha! I'm going to keep looking! Which das6 pro is it? There's more than one I see on that website? Also what's the discount we get, I would look but wifi is being awful so would take ages to load

Have a read of these

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=63859

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/images/misc/rotarypolishing.pdf

And I'll have a look for the das6 for you.
Edit: this one

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polis.../das-6-pro-dual-action-polisher/prod_673.html

Rotaries spin on one central axis whereas dual actions have a rotating central axis which spins on a larger diameter axis creating an random orbit effect.