ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Build Quality... Pi**ed

LY 182
I got a Dell laptop from PC world earlier in the year. I was blidned by specs, i3, etc. As soon as I got it out of the box I disliked it. Few days later I had my refund and got the 13" MBP. Best decision I made.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Well I'm here, aparently Steve himself will be serving me so I'm just waiting for him to land his jet out in the carpark. A now frequent viewer of the CS boards, (after all those conversations with Tom, Dan and Cwissy) he was extremely concerned that I'd spread the word accross this place and he'd lose his most dedicated of online followers.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
All fixed. Bit of a weird Genius this time, they're normally chatty/cool, the guy was very quiet, but seemed to know his s**t. Took it out back, took it apart, said a couple of screws had come out or something.

Not really what you expect from a 6 week old premium product, but at least it was fixed very quickly.

No free blowie, Steve did offer me an iPad 2, but I decided it wouldn't be fair to everyone else.

Megane 225 F1
LOL the guy in the apple shop today told me that the mac book pros are very robust and very rarely break. Clearly talking out his ass. All I wanted to do was waste 15 minutes playing around with one.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
My MY09 MBP is actually amazing in build quality.

A truck hit it the toolbox it was on top of, it hit the tarmac and hasn't a scratch.

This is the advert for getting a 'pro' - metal casing etc.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm on my third iPod 80gig, my 2nd iPhone (this ones case has also cracked).

My 3gs case has got a crack on the back, from the charging point up. Is that where yours was? Did they just replace it?

Also, lol at the dell comment. Surely anyone in the market for a mbp priced laptop doesn't even have dell on their list? :S

A4 Avant
My 3gs case has got a crack on the back, from the charging point up. Is that where yours was? Did they just replace it?

Yeah same place. 1st one got replaced, it's now out of warranty and I don't think they'll change it. Loads of people have had the same fault.

182 Turbo Project

Also, lol at the dell comment. Surely anyone in the market for a mbp priced laptop doesn't even have dell on their list? :S

The Dell comment was a joke....sigh

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah same place. 1st one got replaced, it's now out of warranty and I don't think they'll change it. Loads of people have had the same fault.

Mines 2 months out also, might try next time i go though :)

I fell on my 13" so hard that it caved the lid in, and bent the entire body. It still works just like new. Yeah. They're s**t.

Yeah it sits on the table just fine, as it has four feet. You can see/feel a 'dent' coming out underneath. In the same area as the dent in the lid. In other words it took a massive hit that sent a dent straight through to the underside, yet it works perfectly and the screen isn't even cracked, or marked.

Rav4
Re-install windows, that will fix the majority of the issues, don't load crap software! Choose a good AV that isn't bloated! Just as new after that !!!

Mmm, you pay the premium for the service and aftercare though. If it's faulty you'll get a new one without having to fart around.

I've got a toshiba laptop from about 3.5 years ago....I'm so close to smashing it up. It takes about 10 minutes to load up, still seems to be loading something even if you leave it for another half an hour. Can't run a single application (e.g. internet explorer) without struggling, and the battery (when 100% full) lasts about an hour!

I'm considering using student discount on a macbook pro!