ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

build quality??

2 litre twin turbo estate
after reading a few posts about people saying they have rattles and clunks from there clio's, Just wondered on how many good ones there are. Mine has no rattles bangs clunks or anything tis a 54 plate 182 with 24k on it and feels like new, previous owner was renault uk could that have sommat to do with it?? or have i just got a good un??

VaVa
Depends if they're driven hard or not.

I've had my 172 long enough not to notice. But 99% of them rattle from somewhere to some degree.

Clio Trophy/Boxster
All of my Renaultsport Cars have been relatively rattle free, or at least I’ve been able to easily identify and cure said rattles. I can foresee the Trophy shaking some trim loose at some point in the future.

R2TR

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh i think the rattles in mine are from the crap i've put in the car, cd cases etc.

BMW M3
Mine is silent !! Doesnt make a sound apart from its rather nice Janspeed rumble.

I did stuff loads of sponges behing bits of the dash and gearbox surround though ;) hehe

ST
197 seems pretty flawless 6,500 miles in, even when taking back roads at pace...front pads and tyres will be lucky to see 10k tho..

Clio F1 R27
My R27 has four rattles. A creak from above the driverside speaker (might have something to do with the bluetooth car kit), a rattle from the passenger side (sounds like speaker housing), rattles from the dials and a creaky Recaro seat.

I thought the new 197's were better build, but don't be decieved. They are just new cars that have bigger doors, dash and a smoother ride.

The 197 is still put together in the same shoddy way...thin plastics that don't sit together tightly enough and come lose after a certain amount of miles.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
Crank up the volume and they all disappear!

Most of mine are from all the loose crap I throw in the glovebox like rubbish and black penis lolly's your girlfriend and her friend thought it would be a hilarious present to buy you from Magaluf and your Mum finds while searching for insurance documents.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Yeah, the odd rattle here and there. Especially notice the plastics rubbing around the vents below the windscreen.

the megae is bad for air coming in at the wing mirrors at speed, its soo annoying, sounds like the window is open a bit :(

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Mine has a annoying squeak that looks like its from the seatbelt area and the panel that has the dash lights dimmer vibrates like hell.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Mines is a 2001 with 44k on it, rattles like a mo-fo but to be honest i think its just the windows and door guards.

Ill get to it someday

LY V6 with Recaros
My 182 was fine, I had an occasional rattle at one point then it disappead. The vee seems fine touch wood aswell.

182 has now gone!
I have a few rattles round the dashboard... Just hit it a few times and it stops for a bit, or just turn the music up!!!

Silver 172 cup
I don't notice them. I guess i'm used to them. When other people get in the car they point them out so they must be quite noticable. I don't care really.

172 ph2
Mine is pretty good too tbh... there is one annoying rattle/squeek coming from the drivers side seatbelt mount right in my ear! Other than there theres nothing of note really. I had a mk4 Golf before and can't say the build quality was massively better on that... not as much as people make out at times anyway.