ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

built in 172 sat nav....

R26R, 172, S2k
i have a clio 172 and it has Renault built in Sat nav, but i'm going to be stripping the car for track use, so whats the sat nav worth? and what needs to be removed to sell it?:rasp:

The screen on its own costs £1200 new from Renault.

The whole system consists of the screen, a disc unit in the boot and a GPS device underneath the drivers seat. I think that should be everything. (thats what was in my old 172 anyway)
Oh and you obviously need the right dash to fit the screen into and the cables ;)

Iceberg 172
It's not worth that much imo... the kit is useless and for the sake of say £250 you could have a custom mounted tom tom looking OEM.

Infact, the actual pod would probably sell easier on it's own without the shite sat nav.

I'd be interested in the pod itself to make my own custom sat nav!

Iceberg 172
The screen on its own costs £1200 new from Renault.

The whole system consists of the screen, a disc unit in the boot and a GPS device underneath the drivers seat. I think that should be everything. (thats what was in my old 172 anyway)
Oh and you obviously need the right dash to fit the screen into and the cables ;)

In other words... it's not worth retro fitting!

The pod must be removable though??? Surely Renault didn't decide to make a complete seperate Dash board for those who ticked the Sat Nav option!?

The pod must be removable though??? Surely Renault didn't decide to make a complete seperate Dash board for those who ticked the Sat Nav option!?

Yup I think so. Im sure I read on here somewhere that its like £500 for a new dash with the satnav fitment.
Also, when mine blew, I had to have the whole dash off just to look at the screen. That plastic bit does not come off!
Pain in the arse.

R26R, 172, S2k

the pod is separate just above the heater vents, i wouldnt be looking much for the unit, but its just to see if it is worth taking out!? lol:dead:

RenaultSport Clio 182
ill give you 20quid for the lil knob on the right handside that turns and pushes in. the vac sucked mine up.