ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bummed.

BMW E92/Audi S3
Right, most of you know that my car was stolen and had a minor bump into someone elses car. Now the claim has gone against me and I've lost 3 years of my NCB - Surely this isn't fair..My insurance is now £1000+ per annum. The guys that stole my car were released without charge too. My friend believes that unfortunately for the person that the thieving mugs crashed into, they are liable for their own damages, not me as the w**kers that stole my car didn't have legal cover. I'm a little stumped here.. I've probably explained this all terribly but I'm fuming. I was told to appeal against it too? I didn't even make a claim when my car was stolen - Just to avoid losing my NCB and I ended up with insurance not paying out and losing my NCB anyway.

clio 5door sport rep
dosnt sound right..... surely fire and theft cover is designed with this scenario specifically in mind

is1

Integra Type R DC2
So the thieves who stole your car had the benefit of your insurance policy?! Nah, that's not right.
They were an uninsured/untraceable driver and the other side should have claimed from the MIB.
A thief cannot have a contractual relationship with your insurer - that's between you and your insurer.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Well you can take the people in question to court for criminal damage no? Why were they released without charge? Lack of proof or just our shite judicial system?

BMW E92/Audi S3
One of the guys were caught IN the car.. Ran off and the car locked itself with the key in it and evaded police.. Police later found him minutes later, yet they reckon theres not enough evidence...
The thieves certainly did get the benefit of my insurance company. I was also told that they were to claim from MIB and not me because this is beyond ruthless.. Why an earth should I suffer for it? I've been f**ked enough as it is through the last 12 months!

You need proper advice mate.

Try Ollie at Sky Insurance. Trader guy on here. He's really helpful.

But I'd call Citizens Advice and then MIB and speak to them.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
One of the guys were caught IN the car.. Ran off and the car locked itself with the key in it and evaded police.. Police later found him minutes later, yet they reckon theres not enough evidence...
The thieves certainly did get the benefit of my insurance company. I was also told that they were to claim from MIB and not me because this is beyond ruthless.. Why an earth should I suffer for it? I've been f**ked enough as it is through the last 12 months!

So contact the insurer (by phone and in writing) and ask them why the hell they have entertained this claim seeing as you, the insured, were not in the car, it was taken without your consent etc. Ask to speak to a manager, get a name and then bother them enough that they do something about it.
They have an insurance contract with you and obligations to you, not to some morons who stole your car.

BMW E92/Audi S3
Just been told that unfortunately, it's not a no blame situation which I completely understand - Incredibly unfair. MIB would only pay out if I was TPFT and my car was damaged, they would cover the costs for my own car.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Just been told that unfortunately, it's not a no blame situation which I completely understand - Incredibly unfair. MIB would only pay out if I was TPFT and my car was damaged, they would cover the costs for my own car.

Maybe we are getting our wires crossed a bit. I assume you mean the scum that stole your car hit another car, whose owner then claimed against your policy(?)
Surely what should have happened is that your insurer when contacted should have said, there was no cover in place as the car was stolen, the scum were driving without insurance. The person whose car had been hit by your car would then have to go to the MIB as the scum were not insured/not traceable.
Your insurance company/policy stays out of it unless you make a claim for theft on your policy ...