ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bummer007's 182 detailed

MK4 Astra SRi
bummer007's 182 detailed (Lots of pics)

My brother had been asking me for ages to detail his car, as I'm big in to detailing and seeing as though he's currently on holiday I thought I'd take up the challenge. So two days later here are the results (nearly 4 hours was spent touching stone chips in!). I'm pretty pleased to be honest ;)

I think it could do with some new number plates and clear side repeaters TBH

Just need to decide how much it's worth now....

DSC02214.jpg

DSC02204.jpg

DSC02194.jpg

DSC02209.jpg

And here are the work in progress pics:

DSC02140.jpg

DSC02154.jpg

DSC02155.jpg

DSC02156.jpg

DSC02161.jpg

DSC02171.jpg

DSC02185.jpg

DSC02186.jpg

Defects sorted

DSC02162.JPG

DSC02169.JPG

DSC02173.jpg

DSC02141.jpg

DSC02200.jpg

DSC02144.jpg

DSC02201.jpg

DSC02147.jpg

DSC02199.jpg

DSC02165.jpg

DSC02198.jpg

DSC02196.jpg

Last edited:

DB.

BMW 440i
In the last pic the reflection is awesome!!

Good effort mate! Hope he lets you drive it!

What products did you use?

Discounted 1*2 parts
looks good mate, i found with my old arctic it never really rewarded the efforts put into cleaning though

went to PVS 2008/9 good show better than FCS by a mile :)

MK4 Astra SRi
The products used for those that were interested are:

Poorboys Bug Squash
2 bucket wash method
Poorboys Super Slick & Suds Car Shampoo
Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover
Meguiars Quik Clay
Stone chips touched up
Porter Cable with Sonus pads
Menzerna Intensive Polish
Menzerna Final Polish PO85RD
Zaino Z-2 Pro Show Car Sealant
Dodo Juice Purple Haze
Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal

SG9 Forester STi
Good job!

I really need to get mine done. Anymore than an FCS clean and I'm knackered lol.

SG9 Forester STi
I'm sure he'll be really chuffed with it! If mine was that clean I would'nt want to drive it lol!

Audi S3 Saloon
Hahahaha, I log in to my account from Thailand and see this! :eek:

Looks like I owe you big time bro...if only I had the patience to detail it like that :rasp:

Oh and point taken on the indicators/plates! ;)

MK4 Astra SRi
Hahahaha, I log in to my account from Thailand and see this! :eek:

Looks like I owe you big time bro...if only I had the patience to detail it like that :rasp:

Oh and point taken on the indicators/plates! ;)

Well I'm glad you did, as I thought you'd like the pics and like you say you will owe me a few beer tokens as there was a bit work that went into it Lol

I just thought a clean set of number plates without holes and logos at the bottom would look good along with the clear repeaters.

Audi S3 Saloon
Haha, well beer's are about 80p over here so I can sort that ;)

Have a look at these 3/4 plates, see what you think...even if they are a little bit illegal!

S1050325.jpg

MK4 Astra SRi
Haha, well beer's are about 80p over here so I can sort that ;)

Have a look at these 3/4 plates, see what you think...even if they are a little bit illegal!

S1050325.jpg

I think it's going to cost you a bit more then 80P Lol, but we can come to some sort of agreement when you're back.

As for the plates I like them and I'm glad you've said full size plates with 3/4 fonts as opposed to my "cut down" plates, as the person that put the current plates on has made a poor job of them and has drilled new holes towards the edges that wouldn't be covered by my "cut down" plates, but would with the ones you've suggested.

They don't look too illegal to me, as they can still be read unlike some I've seen. Although who am I to talk with illegal spacing and a German rear plate Lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Why did it have orange repeaters in the first place? They were changed on 2003> Clios?

Audi S3 Saloon
Why did it have orange repeaters in the first place? They were changed on 2003> Clios?

It's a good question, to be honest I don't know. Came with the Orange ones on.

Perhaps the guy who sold it decided to swap with a mate who wanted some clear ones for their orange ones...

Oh well, sorted now anyway.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Possibly, i swapped my old Cup ones with a mate who worked a Renault garage, we swapped them off a Clio Campus ;)

Looks mint fella :)

Audi S3 Saloon
^ I thought that. Looks 10X better tho mate. I tried to get your brother to detail mine but hes too busy :( lol

Cheers mate, ahh that's a shame...he does spend 90% of his time polishing his car! I'll tell him to give you a shout next time he's moaning about being short of money! ;)

Possibly, i swapped my old Cup ones with a mate who worked a Renault garage, we swapped them off a Clio Campus ;)

Looks mint fella :)

Cheers gaz-kev! haha nice work on that, that was my only guess but pretty easy to do!

Looking for 182
WOW! Great work on the stone chips. I wish I had the skill to do that to mine.

looks good mate, i found with my old arctic it never really rewarded the efforts put into cleaning though

went to PVS 2008/9 good show better than FCS by a mile :)

That's surprising to hear. I find Arctic Blue polishes up incredibly well. I waxed mine for the first time this evening and it was extremely rewarding. I'm actually excited about seeing it in the morning I was that pleased with it :)

Audi S3 Saloon
Another quick update, the black plastic around my mirrors, scuttle panner, exhasut surrounds etc was doing my head in as it looked more grey than black!

Sorted them out last week, looks loads better!

Before

attachment.php

After

attachment.php

Audi S3 Saloon
Just another update...

I bought a 1 year old K-Tec Ultra Performance System in need of a little TLC from hollandcup for £30.

Took it to unique exhausts in Stafford today who sorted it out a treat, fixed the centre silencer and fitted it...all for a total of £45.

Therefore, the whole system cost me £75. :approve:

A few pics below of before, during and after...sorry for poor pics, iPhone quality!

Before:

attachment.php

attachment.php

During:

attachment.php

attachment.php

After:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Loving the exhaust, it's just what I wanted, gives a nice burble when giving the car some stick but not really any louder when driving normally/on the motorway!

MK4 Astra SRi
Looks like Phil did a good job as always :) Also I see why the exhaust wanted changing it looks knackered.

Did you say that you were my brother or mention about my car? As I am sure he would remember it.

Anyway it looks better with the small touches you have added. I need to get some clear side repeaters for Sam's now.

Also I've been meaning to ask what happened the passenger side alloy :p as I noticed a bit of a curbing.

Finally you could do with a better camera.