ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bump Steer

Bump Steer is when your wheels steer themselves without input from the steering wheel. The undesirable steering is caused by bumps in the track interacting with improper length or angle of your suspension and steering linkages.

I get it on mine - basically, you can be going round a corner or in a straight line or whatever and you hit a bump, which basically takes the steering wheel in the direction it wants to go, leaving you to either release your grip and wait for it to settle, hoping it lines up correctly again, or grab it tight and try to steer where *you* want the car to go rather than where *it* wants to go.

I think.

I dont really find it a problem ultimately, just makes the steering wheel a bit twitchy on anything but the smoothest roads.

Lionel Richie

I had the steering set up the other day (corner weighting and geometry) the guy who did it was on about bump steer but i didnt really understand (i was hungover!!!)

The only bit i picked up was it occurs on very low cars!!! (which is applicable to mine LOL!!!!!)

would gettin the trackin sorted help this coz my car likes to steer itself!

sometimes im left fittin to stayin in a straight line and generally get worried fi im goin through a tight gap!