ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bumper scratched by a trolley - what can I use?

Octavia VRS
Hi folks,

My grandad has bought himself a smaller car (S reg Ka) to get about in. On his FIRST trip out in it he went to the local Sainburys and parked in one of his usual disabled spaces. Anyway, he came out to find his rear bumper has a few scratches on it. It looks like some scrotum has pushed a trolley into it.

I forgot to take pics, but the bumpers aren't colour coded and most of you will know what a Ka rear bumper looks like. I'm thinking I can get these scratches out, or at least make them less visible. Will this wet and dry sand paper lark be good to use? Any other ideas please put them down.

I feel sorry for the old boy as he's only had the car a few days and it's in excellent condition with only 25k miles on the clock. Promised him a full detail too :)

Any help is appreciated.

106 GTi
As its not colour coded all you can do is hide them with Bumper Care really. :(

If you sand them you will loose some or all of the texture to the bumper. Chips Away type outfits offer trim re-texturing somtimes.

Octavia VRS
Cheers for the info Rich. Alan says to try plastX Clear plastic Cleaner & polish so may give that a go. Also got AG bumper care and Chem Guys Trim so will experiment. I'll look into getting it fixed perhaps.

Oyster Card
Mate I've just had a simular problem, but not scratches mine was overspray.

Avoid safecut etc.. at all costs I used a rubbin compound and it's taken away the top surface making it all dull going to let chips away sort it.

Oyster Card
Nah not yet, I've submited a form for a free no obligation quote I suggest you do the same, it's free and they come to you to give you an est!

I've let you know the soon as I know.

Good luck with it mate.

106 GTi
_Kenny_ said:
Cheers for the info Rich. Alan says to try plastX Clear plastic Cleaner & polish so may give that a go. Also got AG bumper care and Chem Guys Trim so will experiment. I'll look into getting it fixed perhaps.

The Plastx works well on smooth stuff, the texture and grain of the plastic are the problem here, worth a try though.

Octavia VRS
AcID ZeR0 said:
Nah not yet, I've submited a form for a free no obligation quote I suggest you do the same, it's free and they come to you to give you an est!

I've let you know the soon as I know.

Good luck with it mate.

Cheers buddy