ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

182cup & 172 racecar
Looked like fun Mr Hunter!

The 1st race was fun after the spin, and the 2nd, had a great battle with Mark in his massively WIDE jap thingy, only problem, it let Ian get out of reach, but I did the move of the day, overtook Mark at the bottom of mountain, and that's only just wide enough for one car ;)

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Look forward to your video's then! I love Cadwell but like you have said it seems too narrow to race!

182cup & 172 racecar
Well done Tony, great driving there. Cadwell is my fav circuit, love the place, how do you rate it?

It was not how I remembered it, (only drove it once on a trackday) the speed difference is what does it.

It took me the morning to get through the oh sh1t barrier, thought I was doing well, but 1.49's again and again, then suddenly 1.46 pops up, then a 1.45, but I'm stuck on that now.

Coming through it unscathed (well minor door damage) it's easy to say it's great, and deep down I suppose I do like it, but as Helen said when we walked it on Sat eve, " there's no gravel traps!!!".

I know most places are scarey if you get it wrong, but you've got no chance there, and you have to bully your way pass people, then hope they are compliant.

I love it.

I hate it.

I don't know:S

Last edited:
  Clio 172
Your sentiments about Cadwell are the same as mine Tony, Love the place but it scares the s**t out of me, if you get it wrong it's not going to end well.

Love the race footage, the small Clio lighs a blaze giving it loads and these massive Jap fire breathing monsters getting passed like they are stationary.

Cup In bits
Waiting on this weekends footage patiently....

Just watched the Mallory coverage, very poor for the French Trophy?!? At least you got the best of the weekends racing weather wise, Sunday afternoon was moist.

172 Race Car
As soon as the post man drops the SD cards through my letter box I'll get the vids up (if there is any footage on them).

Was the Go pro card full mate? :( The camera still had battery as it was on when Tony looked at it so I guess the card must of filled up

The rear one did seem to be playing up yes sorry :(

172 Race Car
Nope, still 9GB free on the GoPro card (its a 16GB) No idea what happened. What footage there is tho is great watching

172 Race Car
Its not a Hero 3.

We will probably just drill a hole in the case if its a problem. The car is wired for power near there for that anyway

172 Race Car
Before anyone asks that is the roof scoop inlet you can see above Tony. its normally not seen as I put the rear footage there

Race 1

Race 2

Last edited by a moderator: