ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Oh chubba lubba, where you been.
Trying to find my way around this stupid fekkin forum. I'm like a lost 3 year old in Sainsbury's.

So, what's happened? Why is the engine goosed? What are the plans? Who is working on it, I thought Danny 519 gave it all up??

182cup & 172 racecar
I'm having forum too, what's all this LIKES etc, getting more like facebook, or whatever it's called.
a. I'm not qualified to say
b. Race the pug 106 for the rest of the year
c. A friend who is far more qualified than me
d. He has

182cup & 172 racecar
Who needs 4 wheels, not me. Had a great weekend at Snett.
2014Snetterton2Race2227_zpsb20dfaee.jpg

COME ON!!!!
2014Snetterton2Race3142_zps131a4748.jpg

All done.:grinning:
2014Snetterton2Race3281_zpsd59b6193.jpg

182cup & 172 racecar
it was Olive, having a few gear change issues, gong to change the dog bone mount, as it's rather squidgy, hope this cures the problem ready for next weekend at Donington.

Was great to watch from the sidelines and see baby burp on the limit! Thanks again as ever Tony for the hospitality and entertainment :) Hope you didn’t stop on 2 bottles of the vino ;)

182cup & 172 racecar
Just about ready for the season ender, going to have a bit of fun at Donington tomorrow (Sunday), Jay's coming along, just to keep his hand in.
Nice big bowl of Chilli has been made, I must just remember to pick up the car on the way through Silverstone in the morning, would be really silly to arrive without it.

182cup & 172 racecar
Actually yes Russ, I think tge big rubber ball in the middle could do with changing too, but it does feel better.
Got 1st anyway.

182cup & 172 racecar
This will be a good day to come along to. Going to be fun.

MAR

2015 Preseason Launch Day
Going
Invite

Public · Hosted by Track Attack Race Club.
2015 Preseason Launch Day
10440682_766445503403161_4691575416521414484_n.jpg

Why not join us for the 2015 “Meet and Greet”. If you’r...
teh19UQZmd0.png
Join · 16 people are going

Why not join us for the 2015 “Meet and Greet”. If you’re a racer a chance to meet friends old and new, shake down your car, get rid of the cobwebs on both, and sort out any gremlins before the season gets underway. If you’re a fan your chance to meet the star's and their cars and maybe pick up some tips.

Separate sessions for race license holders and non-license holders (must have a full not provisional road driving license). Passenger rides allowed, and tuition from instructors plus race car display. Come and chat with the race teams if you’re thinking about taking the plunge, it might be easier than you think.

Tyre Service support on the day from Service & Sport.

Media Support Japanese Performance Magazine.

The day will be run as a semi open pit lane format in half hourly sessions. Race car/license holders in one session, standard road license holders in the other.

Cost per entry £189. Final instructions will be sent out 14 days before the event. No refunds will be made after this time.
Just about ready for the season ender, going to have a bit of fun at Donington tomorrow (Sunday), Jay's coming along, just to keep his hand in.
Nice big bowl of Chilli has been made, I must just remember to pick up the car on the way through Silverstone in the morning, would be really silly to arrive without it.

Don't worry, I forgot to collect the clutch that I was supposed to fit to a customers car the other morning

182cup & 172 racecar
Small update.

Pug 106 has had a bit of a rest, it's not been started since Nov 9th, brrrrumm, it runs, so that's ready for this year as the back up car.

Clio#4
We have now decided that the pistons are not worth the risk, so new ones are now on order and should arrive the same time as the valves, a water pump and Megane injectors are also going in
So hopefully by the end of the month it might go, then up to Paul.

We are getting there.

Clio 182 Race Car
Happy New Year!
Glad to see that you are hard at work; I left the 106 for 18 months and it fired first time!
Got my new CPS today and made a mount for it this evening (by mistake I left the heater on in the garage all day it was cosy in there!) - bit of luck the Clio will be running soon and then to the Saxo! Clio in for mapping next Wednesday, Medical for me tomorrow, Saxo booked in for mapping 4th Feb. Registered with CSCC (Clio) and Tricolore Trophy (Saxo). I intend to do all the races in both this year.