ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

Honda ATR
whats happening with silverstone? I should be in the area that day picking up my new track toy ;). drop me a PM if you can Tony. Cheers

I still reckon you should have had Ian's clio in the first corner! ;)

Joking aside....I dont think I could do that. Trackdays yes, but actual racing......not for me (at the moment)

172 Race Car
The Clio in front - ex cup-racer or road car conversion?
Built up from a 1.2 shell. 182 running gear and lots of custom suspension geometry

Pontless trying to run a cup racer as sequential boxes not alowed in our series.

There is a Mk1 Cup car in the series but they had H pattern boxes afaik

182cup & 172 racecar
I think Gerrards took its toll on the front suspension as the camber had moved:eek:.Anyway a quick phone call to Carbody Banbury and they said bring it down.
We had lost 1deg of camber on the nearside and gained 1deg on the offside,very strange but true.Anyway we are now all square and ready to go,just fit new alternator tomorrow and Silverstone her we come:)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I might try and pop along to this, providing the wifes not still ill.

Not got a lot to do sat afternoon.

Built up from a 1.2 shell. 182 running gear and lots of custom suspension geometry

Pontless trying to run a cup racer as sequential boxes not alowed in our series.

I see. It's apparent its not a stock engine - ?

I'll try and get along on Sat, would like to say hello.

We had lost 1deg of camber on the nearside and gained 1deg on the offside,very strange but true.

Odd, where they done up while the car was on a ramp - seen it before where they have not been torqued up due to lack of room and the settings were out like yours about a week later.

Black 172
do you have pictures of the Mk1 clio cup that runs in the series.

Just got a watch to that lap - 54.9 - when i went in 2008 i was doing 57's with a passenger (on the one vid i watched)

what tyres are you on? do they allow full slicks

northy

172 Race Car
Were on Dunlop Direzza DZ03's. They are MSA Blue Book List 1b. tyres. Like R888's A048 etc. Slicks not alowed

Yea fastest offical lap was 54.96. White Civic did a 53.3!!!1!!! Thing is a missile

I know we can go a bit faster if we went back.

Last edited:
  182cup & 172 racecar
In the end though, it's a case of going fast enough to stay ahead of the car behind once the lead car has pulled out a gap.Do push past the limit for a unlikely win or be easy settle for second and keep it on the island and race another day.Back of your mind next week is Silverstone don't break it.

Car was happy in the 55sec bracket and it was easy to drive at that,if the lead car had been 10mtr in front then thats a different matter,the car and us could have found that little bit more.

I'm stilled pissed with the alternator problem,still that should be fixed today.

Last edited:
  Qashcow
i really really really really really hope for your sanity that the alternator setup doesnt die again, i can see broken windscreen's in that happens again

172 Race Car
Brand new Genuine Renault 172Cup alternator fitted today, all tested and working. Drilled even more holes in the grill to try and get as much airflow to it as poss.

Were convinced its just chocolate alternators that have been the problem. Time will tell.

Everything else looks ok now its been set up again. Ready to rock and roll on Saturday :race:

340i
Hopefully that will sort it once and for all!

I've run the cup set-up on my PH-1 for 2 years without any issues (apart from me snapping the tensioner once haha)

172 Race Car
Just found this on YT

The start of the race at Mallory from mid pack

I had no idea what had happened, just saw a load of mud on the circuit on lap 2. Happened just behind me.

Last edited by a moderator:
  172 Race Car
..............Then tagged the integra mid spin.

Just think, we could of been in the middle of that if we'd qualifyed slightly lower

172 Race Car
Long story short.......

Throttle cable snapped in race, were having a good battle with one of the MG's at the time. Were in the top 10 at the time.

:dapprove:

Report up tomorrow if I can bear to write one