ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

172 Race Car
Nice idea but im sure it would be up to admin as to weather they would want to. Im sure Tony will look into it

There are NO stickers on the car unless we get something. Thats why there aint a CS one on there already. Its no fair on the people who have kindly helped us out

172 Race Car
A few pics from RWS, Thanks to Feirny

5001868921_c7fcbca810.jpg

5002479986_423413b70c.jpg

Nice idea but im sure it would be up to admin as to weather they would want to. Im sure Tony will look into it

There are NO stickers on the car unless we get something. Thats why there aint a CS one on there already. Its no fair on the people who have kindly helped us out

I think its worth him asking the question to be honest. Yes there are lots of people on here who say they will chip in then wont, but that said i think there are a fair few who will.

Its got to be worth a thread to see what response it gets.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I hope Ragnotti paid his sponsorship money after putting his name on it :p

Good to meet you Tony :D (I was the Jock in the Purple hoodie btw)

182cup & 172 racecar
I hope Ragnotti paid his sponsorship money after putting his name on it :p

Good to meet you Tony :D (I was the Jock in the Purple hoodie btw)
Hoodie eh,did you not see I kept one hand on my wallet for fear of mugging.
Raggy just put the value of the car up.I signed his helmet in return.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
LOL!

What helmet did you sign?? :p

He was immense, they 360's @ 70 odd mph where awesome!

Pitty you didn't get to put a decent lap in.

182cup & 172 racecar
I have made a few contacts and some things are in the pipeline,need to speak to Jay about them.RUK lol,they aren't bothered about a crappy old 172 with some old geezer guiding it around.

172 Race Car
11th October 2010 - Snetterton Prep

Snetterton is our last race meeting this year and we have decided to take a setup gamble.

We fitted some stiffer front springs and refitted the rear anti roll bar. We haven't been able to use the roll bar since changing to the Dunlop tyres as the car has a slight oversteer balance as it was. This varies from circuit to circuit so having the roll bar in play gives us some quick and simple setup adjustments

23.jpg

22.jpg

After the cooling fan made a bid for freedom at Silverstone we had to secure it a little better

25.jpg

Another job that needed to be done was to fit a handbrake. We have raced all year without but were told at Silverstone that the car should have one. Straightforward job

31.jpg

The rain light decided to fall off at Renault World Series so it was binned and the 3rd brake light has been rewired to take its place

A job we have been meaning to do for months is to finish the fuel lines. Some aluminium finishers tidied them up nicely.

27.jpg
29.jpg

We have bought a proper car trailer. Up until now we have been using a massive flatbed trailer that is normally used for transporting tractors and diggers around. A proper, lightweight car trailer is going to make life so much easier. We tried it out for size

36.jpg

So there we are. All ready for the weekend

182cup & 172 racecar
trailer should make things easier!

the rain light fell off?? as in it accidently got beaten off by Tony? ;)

No not this time Dave,looked in the mirror at World series and it was like a furry dice swinging in the breeze,so out it came.It won't claim anymore scalp skin now.

182cup & 172 racecar
I was thinking how happy Jay would be as he's been wanting to take it out for ages,I only wanted to keep it as it took hours of fabrication,and it was one of my first welding jobs,lol.
To much skin has been lost to save it anyway.

172 Race Car
Anyone popping up to Snetterton tomorrow, we will be in garage 2

Quail : 9:00
Race 1: 11:35
Race 2: 14:40

Last edited:
  172 Race Car
Another day filled with ups and downs. Finished both races. Its a hard circuit to learn, surprisingly. (to race on I mean)

There were loads of retirments, mechanical problems and panel damage during the races. We were not exempt from it all. Had an end of term atmosphere out there today.

Quali: 12th
Race 1: 14th
Race 2: 8th

will do the 'story' tomorrow. Just got to wait for Dan's pics

Not sure when exactly it happened, some point in race 2 as Jay and Tony said the car had a clunking noise! So they were racing for quite a bit with it like that :eek: