ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
That's well held lol was it you driving Tony ?
That's what mine did the other week when I broke the wheel :dapprove:

172 Race Car
One at the start of the vid is me too, in Quali. That was the 'Big one' Ollie and Nick mentioned

Last edited by a moderator:

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Hey Tony/Jay

Have you thought about using datalogging ? I have been looking at the Race technology DL1 as a way of improving my times etc just wondered if you have considered it ?

172 Race Car
Saturday 11th June - Workshop Duty

A short day in the workshop this time to do a few jobs. A much smaller list than usual.

The rear wheel bearings had done 13 hours of work so we decided not to push our luck and change them. The previous set gave up with similar usage and one was showing signs of the grease leaking. We also fitted a new set of studs after one snapped at Donington

shapeimage_2.png

All built up with a new set of wheel nuts. Each nut weighs the same as a cornflake

5.jpg
7.jpg

The next time we are on track is at the Renaultsport evening at Bedford Autodrome, for a bit of fun and to give some passenger rides. We had kept the passenger seat all built up on the subframe since last year and it should of been a 5 minute job to fit it. But since the seat was last in we had changed the battery for a bigger one. The seat wouldn't fit and the battery had to be moved over a few inches along with some of the wiring and cut-out system

9.jpg
10.jpg

A little bit of time left before we had to call it a day so made a change to the camera bracket. We won't be using the pocket camera we had been previously. Its become a little unreliable, its not keen on kerb hopping or the vibrations transmitted through the cage. For now we will have to use our low quality bullet camera

11.jpg

So looking forward to Bedford. The car is going well and last years passenger rides were a lot of fun​

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
What are the nuts made from as alloy type arent allowed in sprints is it the same for you guys ?

Last edited:
  182 trackday racer
I have seen you use the Sportline 1 coilovers. In you opinion are there any benefits choosing the Sportline 2 coilovers instead when buying new ones?

182cup & 172 racecar
I think the difference is in the shaft thickness,less flex I would imagine,ours have been revalved and different damper settings anyway.
They are what we had to start with anyway,but not really up to racing as they were,but fine for trackdays.

182 trackday racer
I think the difference is in the shaft thickness,less flex I would imagine,ours have been revalved and different damper settings anyway.
They are what we had to start with anyway,but not really up to racing as they were,but fine for trackdays.

Okay, mine will be revalved right away either way. If you where to buy new ones today what would you go for?

Golf GTD Mk7
very true. Can't remember what he wanted for them now, something like 2.5k, but I agree a tad steap when racing on a budget.

172 Race Car
^ Thats the way we roll now. We could go quicker just by testing and gaining confidance in the car. Anyway we have some stuff in the pipeline that should improve what we already have. Will be waiting till next season tho as weve just got the car working in its current spec. We just want to go out and have some fun now