ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

172 Race Car
Found another video from Brands. Quality is crap but you get the idea. Skip to 12:00

Last edited by a moderator:
On our way back from Anglesey in the Burpspeed bus.
Great result, qualified 11th, finished 3rd!
Weather was great apart from a shower before quali this morning.

Report to come soon :)

172 Race Car
Thanks chaps. It was a fantastic weekend. I dont think either of us put a foot wrong. Very pleased with how it all went. Anglesey was kind to us last year and we love the place. Will do a report at some point when i get the time. But briefly..........

Qualifying was at 10am. It started to rain around 8:45 and continued steadily. At 9:30 we had to make a decsion on tyres and chose to play it safe and went with the 'wets' (PE2 Road tyres) It had stopped raining at this point but was still wet. Early in quali we were up to P2 but the circuit started to dry and we fell down the order to finish 11th.

It was sunny for the rest of the day. tony made a great start and took a load of places off the grid and had a couple more later in the lap so was 6th at the end of the first lap. He had a great battle with a Puma and a Saxo. We pitted at about half way and came out 2nd. I had a pretty clear run but One of the Integras had had a slow stop AND a 30 second success penalty. I knew he was behind me but I didnt know how far back. Tony showed me the board to say I was P2 and checked my mirrors. the Integra caught me at 3 seconds per lap and it was pointless trying to hold him off. He breezed by on the back straight and we brought it home 3rd.

Great weekend, good company, banter, food, weather, racing and we even brought home some glassware. Stopped for some food on the way home and drank a chocolate milkshake from my trophy. Good times.

Thanks to Dan, Dave and Nick for their help.

Roll on Mallory in 3 weeks time :race:

View attachment 61048View attachment 61049

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeah, telling me about sylvanian families and all sorts.

Apparently you're quite the geek when it comes to model racing cars! ;)

172 Race Car
yep, previous best was 4th at Anglesey last year. First ever podium finish. The integra pulled out 8.7 seconds on me in the last 3 laps. No way we can compete with that.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Nice result for you both,its great when you actually have something to put on the mantlepiece !!

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Good video , the run upto the Rocket is ace but the tight left hander is tighter than you think and upto now I have been way too fast into it.

I am doing the 2 day sprint event in october so hopefully will get it right lol

172 Race Car
Yea love that kink. Didnt get on with church this weekend. was loosing out to Tony there quite a bit. Scared of it a bit.

Where do you start and finish the sprint?

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Yea love that kink. Didnt get on with church this weekend. was loosing out to Tony there quite a bit. Scared of it a bit.

Where do you start and finish the sprint?

We start from the pit exit and finish just after the Hairpin , we do the National layout on sat and International on sunday.

Anglesey weekend photos are up:

http://www.danfreemanphotography.com/blog/2011/08/burpspeed-anglesey-weekend/

A few select photos:

DSC1043.jpg

Anglesey-Pano-2.jpg

DSC0964.jpg

DSC1127.jpg