ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

182cup & 172 racecar
Also forgot to add, the scrutieers had a field day, they must have had a breifing before hand, strict is putting it mildly.
Poor Tom Johnson got sent home on a cage related thing, hope you get your money back Tom.

My cage was doubtful but past! Not about the Clio cage now, if and when it ever gets back out there.
I think they spoilt what was a good weekend, I know they have a job to do, and do it well, but they were taking so long, we were called for qualifying and we were still being checked over.

Them Sonnys 2nd race was ruined, because somebody thought they saw oil where he had parked.
So he missed 2 laps!!

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they were a bit strict this weekend, but I think it's been getting like that all season, at oulton last year they hardly touched my car in scrut, didn't check the cut off or anything! Didn't realise that about Sonny, what a waste of a race.
Russ

In my admittedly very limited experience I have already seen the inconsistency of scrutineers. They have the same set of regs, but seem to apply them differently.

Shame for Tom and Sonny though, particularly Tom. What was the issue with his cage Tony? It has been ok as the last 2 meets, so why now the issue?

Clio 172
Nice peddling old man, was hoping to make it up yesterday but clearly being a manager I can't manage to get a f**king day off when I am owed it so had to work.....again.

182cup & 172 racecar
Never mind, you missed some good close racing.

Just got back, and sat having a cup of tea.
3 1/4 hrs for 138 miles ffs!

182cup & 172 racecar
A teaser from baby burp.

2014NipponRace1106_zpsccbbcbce.jpg

182cup & 172 racecar
A good job?! He hasn't even done anything with it, he's washed it twice that's about it!
russ

Fitted an oil cooler and air intake pipe! Washed it 3 times and it had a polish before Silverstone.

It's killing me lol.

My boys have done more work on that car, lol

Cant beat the fun per pound though!

Indeed, that brake pipe was a bugger, good job it happened on a hairpin with loads of room:eek:.

Thanks Sonny, I can drill holes no problem.

182cup & 172 racecar
Baby burp has found its way into one if the French car mags lol.

All set for Oulton, leaving in the morning.
A few things to do whilst there, but nothing major, a few clips etc to keep scrutineers happy.
Really looking forward to it.

182cup & 172 racecar
Got to give something to think about.
Enjoyed the racing Ad.

I was giving you the finger as you past, but you were too focused lol.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Jesus, I had heard it was bad Tony but I can't believe this has happened and to such an extent.

I wouldn't be able to look you in the eye of that were me.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Have you explained in detail what's gone wrong/what's happening yet? Have I missed it?

I'm so confused.