ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Look Tony, just for you :p

563393_471214629599030_329718924_n.jpg

WRX
That looks like a potentially good series with a good variety of events. Super GTs basically unrestricted mmmmm.

Mallory is on the 3rd Aug we go on Holiday to France on the 4th.....

Seen you've got your engine back in - good to get it all back together again. I know when I completed all my work - kick back and think about what have I forgotten....lol. I should write a list.

I suspect we'll do it though.....take an easy drive down (to France) instead of door to door in 11 hours.

182cup & 172 racecar
Yes Pete, it was a long day for both of us, but I was also up a 4.30 for work as well!! Got a busy day today also, work, a little tidy up in the workshop, then go do the starters and desserts in the clubhouse kitchen (100 people today), then back in the workshop to finish off, put car on trailer etc etc.

Don't know how I'm going to fit it all in.

We got a few other little jobs done on the car as well, but I would suspect Jay will be doing a little story for it later.

172 Race Car
Its been a while, we last touched the car 3 months ago and we took some time to get going.

During the last 3 months Agency Transmissions have rebuilt the gearbox and 519 Automotive checked the engine over. It needed a top end rebuild but little else. We started at around 9am on the small jobs first.

The rebulit calipers fitted with new Brembo discs and EBC Bluestuff pads. A full system bleed and that was done.

One change we decided to make to the car was to relocate the battery. We had always struggled to get the corner weights right as the rear left corner was very light. By moving the battery we will hopefully be able to balance the car a little better. As its a big old lump with plenty of cranking power we wont loose too much with the extra metre of cable. We rescued the battery from the optimiser it had been on all winter and made up a plate for it, the boot floor is not totaly flat there. Really pleased with how it came out, the jump socket is nice and easy to get too.

img-20130216-00608.jpg
img-20130216-00607.jpg

img-20130216-00610.jpg
img-20130216-00613.jpg

Dan from 519 dropped the engine off at lunch time and within a few hours it was in and running with no problems. A few small jobs to do but were pretty much ready now.

img-20130216-00612.jpg
img-20130216-00616.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  172 Race Car
Be interested to see how you get on with the blue pads. I've found them quite decent on mine.
We ran them last season, so got on quite well.

No idea why they get slated so much. Most people must be on about Greens and Reds that are not really suited to 'proper' use. Weve used yellows and blues and they are great for the money.

Yellows were fine in 2011 but we found the limit with them in the long races. Blues have been spot on but need some heat to work nicely

182cup & 172 racecar
Er.. Hello.

We were that far down because it rained in quali, then dried up, we had wrong tyres on. I think that must be Gareth in the MooCow car.

Off up to Oulton on Friday, to give the car a run out and try a few things. Time is tight really, as I'm on holiday soon, Llandow track day and then the 1st race is in April.

It will come around very quick!!