ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bus (Volvo 850) vs E46 M3

jamescolli

ClioSport Club Member
My old man used to have a T5 850 bloody quick cars but didnt realise they could be that quick!

T5's are weapons, the fast estate car ever iirc. That ones mad !! What's it had done to it ? Anyone know ??

That spolier on the M3 is awful btw.

t5 r is the way with volvos, dad had one before the wave of audis. now i think the rs4 is quicker?

jamie

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I like the performance of the volvo but it looks like a boat.

I'd still take the M3 minus that awful spoiler.

'04 172, '03 Hirsch 9-5
Ahhhh, I miss my 850R,

Suprised more than a few with it. And it wasn't even chipped.

Mk2 172
But its a volvo!!! Wouldnt be seen dead in it. It may be quicker but it wont corner and looks wa*k! lol

Evo 8 Jap Crap
But its a volvo!!! Wouldnt be seen dead in it. It may be quicker but it wont corner and looks wa*k! lol

Police never seemed to have problems chasing big power cars in them before they had the new batch of T5s :star:

Just because it aint a renault "i handle on rails" clio doesnt mean it wont corner

[youtube]VXy5oRiofIM[/youtube]

Volvo 850 doing the ring in 8 minutes 41 seconds. Doesnt corner very well does it :clown:

Last edited:
  Turbos.
Calm down mate, you don't need to start a new thread for every Volvo vid you find on YouTube!

In the comments it says "KW v2 coilovers, yokohama parada spec 2 tires, AP racing front brakes, and some weight red." The others vids the car has 360bhp.... so just total up the cost of these mods before you get too excited!

A Flamin' Red one
1995 was the only time the 850 T5-R was branded as such. After '95 they became known simply as 850-R's. These benefited from a larger turbocharger, amongst other things resulting in 250 bhp.

Remember the BTCC cars? Cool as f**k.

436_07.jpg

2585199373_2b22003afc.jpg

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Calm down mate, you don't need to start a new thread for every Volvo vid you find on YouTube!

In the comments it says "KW v2 coilovers, yokohama parada spec 2 tires, AP racing front brakes, and some weight red." The others vids the car has 360bhp.... so just total up the cost of these mods before you get too excited!

All on an 850 you can pick up for less than £1k nowadays.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
seen this the other day when that thread on the BTCC went up had a mooch after i watched it

Turbos.
All on an 850 you can pick up for less than £1k nowadays.

Don't get me wrong, i like the stealth of them... but don't see why you are that impressed, for example that 'ring has been beaten by a Northlooper in a Clio. Take a look below, a little Suzuki is as quick as the Volvo...

970new20090208section4tlp9.jpg

Evo 8 Jap Crap
That shows the fastest times.

Ive just found a time of an 850 from the ring im sure theres probably a fair few 850's that have done quicker than 8 minutes 42.

A volvo is £1k a clio sport is 2 possibly 3 times more, get where im coming from? Plus people rant on saying volvos dont handle.

You dont do an 8 minute 42 regardless of the car if it dont go round corners very well do you.......

Turbos.
No, not fastest times, they are a bunch of mates, not professional drivers (other than the Loaded CSL for a comparison). Anyway, matey in the video says "Quite a lot of regular cars, lots of Porsches and BMW M's but once you get down below 9 minutes you will hardly ever get overtaken." so he clearly isn't a 'Ring noob either...

Feel free to swap your Teg for one if you like, i just think your going a bit OTT like the Volvo is some sort of weapon. You can make any car quick, whether its actually any good to drive is another matter.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
I can see where your coming from mate, i think the appeal for me more than anythin is how cheap and reliable they are.

I mean what other car can you get for £1k that is as quick and reliable nowadays?