ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bushes upgrade ?

172 cup
hi guys have a 172 cup . been feeling a bit bumpy n rattling a bit . thinking of ordering powerflex bushes . anyone had these fitted and do they make a different.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Mine are waiting to be fitted...only heard good things about them though.

172 Cup
I have mine on the car a couple of months now also with all the uprated engine mounts. Car is great to drive at all times

172 cup, Impreza P1
Mine are getting fitted this weekend and going on track next weekend so I'll let you know.

I can honestly say I felt that they made no difference to the way the car felt or handled at all.

However, I feel that if you re going to do a lot of track action, they may stand up to the hammer better than a standard bush.

Clio 197 Cup
Ive done the wishbone bushes, outer anti roll bar bushes (inners will get done on friday) and the dog bone. combined with new engine mounts and a set of solid shock top mounts its transformed the car. its much more positive than before and feels more precise entering corners. i think if you just do the poly bushes alone youwont feel a huge difference unless the originals are shagged.

i assume you are going to do the wishbones, tie bar and arb in which case its worth the effort, but make sure your ball joints and track rods etc arent causing the noises you have or you will have the same issue :)

Clio 182, 911
Can you tell us all what difference (in your opinion) it made to the car? :)

To be fair I had the top mounts replaced and a rear strut fitted at the same time so it is difficult to isolate the effects of the bushes. But overall the car felt more agile and responsive, more planted and there was less body roll (on KTR Coilovers). I'm guessing it would have improved braking too, but since I also fitted Brembo Max and Ferrodo DS2500s on the same day I can't say for sure! Made me think about getting the engine mounts done too.

Clio 182, 911
2h.jpg

2m.jpg

2j.jpg

2i.jpg

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Do it, definatley worth the effort!! Turn in is improved and less body roll, the arb is a t**t to get back on though, you need an extra pair of hands with a pair of pliers to fit the bracket back on. Remember to tack the sleeves with a welder on the wishbone though!!! I may be wrong but the picture above suggests they havent been done??