ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

buy a clio mk2 and want mod ideas ?

CLIO 1.4 SPORT
hi

im the next few months im going to be buying a clio mk2 ph1 or ph2 would prefer a ph2 but any clio would be good :)

i will have a top budget of £1000 to buy the car which should see me get a good clio .

also i will be adding some little mods to it already got a list for it.

60mm springs
6000k hids
wind deflectors
tints
badges painted either black or white
wheels white or gray and maybe fit 45 profile tyres
bonnet bra

thats my short list but is there anything i could add to the list ?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
hi

im the next few months im going to be buying a clio mk2 ph1 or ph2 would prefer a ph2 but any clio would be good :)

i will have a top budget of £1000 to buy the car which should see me get a good clio .

60mm springs
6000k hids
wind deflectors
tints
bonnet bra

For the price of those mods and Inc the extra insurance, would it not make more sense to put the extra cash towards a better standard car? The difference between a £1000 Clio and a £2000 Clio would be worth the wait and the extra money.

Just my thoughts.

CLIO 1.4 SPORT
Well the mods aint all being done.in a month will be over a year and the first thing im doing is a full service :)

Im sure £1000 will get a ok clio around the 02 reg

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Well the mods aint all being done.in a month will be over a year and the first thing im doing is a full service :)

Im sure £1000 will get a ok clio around the 02 reg

Fair shout, each to there own. I'd say the 60mm springs are a bit overkill though. It'd be horrible to drive like that, very harsh! I'd recommend either getting 35mm or if you'redead set on 60mm, buy a cushion! ;P

CLIO 1.4 SPORT
Ive got a mate with 40mm apex springs and his looks mint so might go for 40mm :)

Also gonna get projectors before hids btw before i get people giving me the legal stuff :)

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Ive got a mate with 40mm apex springs and his looks mint so might go for 40mm :)

Also gonna get projectors before hids btw before i get people giving me the legal stuff :)

I've heard bad things about Apex haha, I'd go Eibach for springs personally! And I also this Xenons look better than HID's, may be an idea

05 clio dynamique
hi

60mm springs
6000k hids
wind deflectors
tints
bonnet bra

If I were you i'd buy coilovers rather than springs, they also have better re-sale value in my opinion if you came to sell them seperately in the future.
I wouldn't get tints or a bannet bra either unless you want to fit in with the local chavs when you go for a maccys haha

CLIO 1.4 SPORT
will stick with spring and after ive bought all the stuff i want i will save for coilovers :)

any mods that are better than what ive stated ?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
im guessing at that budget youre going for a non-sport!?

bonnet bra's look gash
tints look very chavy
as do HID and theyre not MOT legal anymore unless you install aftermarket washer jets!
40mm springs you wont notice at all, they dont even look lowered, 60mm isnt as bad as people make out, i had 60mm on my clio for a while until i realised its hardly much of a drop and went on to coilovers!!

things to add would be (and sorry if these have been previously mentioned)
sport grill
coilovers
sport interior
xenons
ph2 sport rear bumper
silver visions

but theyre all very cliche CS mods! lol

172 Cup
My suggestion, having been there, done that & got the t-shirt?

Buy a Clio, leave it standard. Spend the money you would spend on tat on go-karting/holidays/dem b1tches instead.

+1

Or the mod's muney spent on buying a car instead

Justification: I bought cheap, I'm going to be £1500 in just repairs by next month trying to put it straight.

Changes to often
i would avoid the bonnet bra. HID's i have on mine, there 8k, too blue in my opinion but passed the MOT with them, i do have projector headlamps tho.

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Yo dude, i dno if you would get a mk2 ph2 for 1k mines a MK2 PH2 and its a Y reg (2001) and that was £1600 but yeah get whatever :) i have titnts but there not limo black or anything there suttle but noticeable. the RS Grille is a must! wind defectors yes! i didnt colour code but i carboned wraped instead! in and out! way better haha, K AND N air filter! sounds really sportish without having a chavy exhaust, i was really sad and got renault sport mats hhaha oh and get metal pressed plates! all these little things make a big difference also go 40mm springs if not coilovers :)

CLIO 1.4 SPORT
im going to be buying a clio in the next 2 weeks :)

got upto a £1000 to spend saw some for around £850 that look good will have to give them a good look first before buying :)

Arctic 182FF
Plans sound good minus the bonnet bra. However those lowering springs you linked are for a mk1 clio, they will be a front set only, check out the torsion bar statement. I very nearly made that mistake