ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buyer pulls out, what to do

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
give him £100 dude, if his story is true loosing £200 would be a serious kick in the balls! Has he actually asked for anything back? Also you will more then likely sell it anyway so i wouldnt worry!

182 FF
Right, done a quick tally, and these are the results so far

Give it back: 14
Keep : 16
Split : 13
Dunno's : 13

Talk about playing it safe you lot, christ i'd hate to take bets on this.

And still no responce from the guy yet:S

Right, done a quick tally, and these are the results so far

Give it back: 14
Keep : 16
Split : 13
Dunno's : 13

Talk about playing it safe you lot, christ i'd hate to take bets on this.

And still no responce from the guy yet:S
Yeh cuz his most likely working overtime to make back the £200 loss

Bumder With A Buffer
Id like to see how many people on here would start a thread moaning if they put £200 down on a TV then it went tits up and they didn't get the deposit back ;) Or if they put £1000 down on a car etc.

In fact people are crying over a £7 Aerial at the moment ;)

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
Keep it. Thats what a deposit is for! If you were to give him half of it back then why didn't you just take a £100 deposit off him in the first place instead of £200. A deposit is pointless if its returnable!

A4 oil burner !!!
Keep the money until you sell the car any money left after new costs in selling you can give him back and feel better with yourself!
Did you give him a receipt for the £200?
Not that it would make a difference just that i would feel less bad keeping the cash if i didnt have a receipt staring at me!

At least you wont lose out this way!

182 FF
Thanks Chaps,

After much debating I have decided to be the better man and hand it over:approve:

However you lot that go on about Karma better be right, i've listed the car on here so lets hope it does sell.

i'm an honest enougth guy, and yeah, if the roles where reversed i'd need all the cash i could get.

He emailed me explaining he only got an hour's notice bout bein made redundant, but left the ball in my court as to weather i gave it back.

So there we go, and if the good lord does not shine some sun down on me i'll be most disappointed, at the moment it should be shining out of my arse:D

If you know anyone after a cup, shes available to a good home:star: lets hope i did right

Thanks Chaps,

After much debating I have decided to be the better man and hand it over:approve:

However you lot that go on about Karma better be right, i've listed the car on here so lets hope it does sell.

i'm an honest enougth guy, and yeah, if the roles where reversed i'd need all the cash i could get.

He emailed me explaining he only got an hour's notice bout bein made redundant, but left the ball in my court as to weather i gave it back.

So there we go, and if the good lord does not shine some sun down on me i'll be most disappointed, at the moment it should be shining out of my arse:D

If you know anyone after a cup, shes available to a good home:star: lets hope i did right

You did the right thing mate..
Good man...

MCS R56
Thanks Chaps,

Jesus loves you.

don't
I'd have given £100 back, its more than fair to be honest and I'm sure he'd have been very happy with that result aswell

Giving it all back is shooting yourself in the foot surely, you've already said yourself you've turned people away and now have awkward questions on why it was sold and now isnt

Stagecoach Ticket
i wouldent bother if you took £200 off me after id just been made redundant id be fuming! it could cause alot more trouble than its worst at very least take 1 months auto trader out of it and give the rest back you would loose more than £200 on the clio if he came round and keyed it one night. Glad you made the right decision good honest man with more people like that we wouldent have such a sh*t country.

Monaco RS Clio 172
having been made redunant myself some months ago before getting my new job, I for one am POSITIVE he will appreciate what you have done more than anyone thinks - £200 is very significant to someone in that situation.

well done

good man.

wish there was more like this and as someone said above, then we wouldn't have such a s**t country/community.

182 FF
^^^^ i know what your saying,

but its now the responsibility of all you guys who said give it back to help me sell my car :approve: otherwise the bad Karma will fall on you, just like a chain letter, lmao:rasp: