ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying 172 - Help !! Cars the wrong colour

clio 172
Need some advise,

Just checking the details of a car I am planning to have a look at tomorrow, and have just checked the DVLA web-site,

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk

to make sure it is what it is, and the colour has come up as silver and not black as the car actually is.

The dealer seemed fairly ok on the phone, so I am questioning whether the DVLA web-site is wrong or he is not telling the truth i.e re-spray. Obviously I will be having a discussion tomorrow, but I just wondered if anyone has had any issues similar to this regarding DVLA info?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
DVLA make loads of mistakes with car colour.

Speak to Renault UK and they will confirm what colour it left the factory.

clio 172
Spoke to the chap this morning and he has a verification letter from Renault saying it should be Black. He is unsure if the car is an import (Thanks Fred), but all the work has been done at Renault over the last few years so won't be an issue.

Hopefully have a successful test drive today!!

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
How did u get on mate? Any good? I looking at a 172 on Saturday!

clio 172
IMG00026-20101021-0814.jpgIMG00025-20101021-0814.jpg
How did u get on mate? Any good? I looking at a 172 on Saturday!

The car wasn't the pristine example as described..... however I did pay a reasonable price as a result. key issues were

- Climate control buzzing noise (which can be resolved easily)
- Radio and cig lighter not working (Fuse more than likely)
- Also confirmed as an import
- Minor scraps to front bumper
- Interior seats worn a little and the normal steering wheel issues
- Also filthy dirty in the boot

Engine ok and and drove very well with a decent enough service history. Including Cam belt @ 30k due to noisy pre-tensioner and new rear shocks in last 6 months + other items tires / brake pads. Overall ok.

I paid a little over 2.5k for a 70k mile car on a 2004 plate, which I think is representative of the car.

Last edited:

JMR

RB 182 Cup
You got the black one for a fair price mate.
Cant grumble at 2.5k

You having the cambelt done again soon if it was changed at 30k?

clio 172
I figure I have at least a year before I need this doing again at 80k miles, might do it sooner. I have also ordered all the service parts from Opie oil to make sure everything is actually up-to-date for piece of mind.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I'd say good deal there! That looks like it's in good nick looking at the pics! Some of the 172's iv looked at for more money than that are real nails! Nice 1!!!