ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying 182 advice

Hi..

Currently awaitigna loan to buy a new car due to last one being written of by ma mum. Anyhow been looking at various 182s and wanted advice from people who have driven/owned them.

http://www.gibsoncarsales.co.uk/ - clio 182 obv . fairly low miles within budget. Opinions on the colour/maintance that will be needed with in a year or 2 ? value ?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/429424.htm - low miles, no warrenty etc ?

Looking for the sport rather than a cup. going to about 7.5k. Any other sujestions welcome.

Thanks for any help

Yea found that a bit weird !

Yea i would want both cup packs but have noticed ( correct me if im wrong) the cup /sport difference being the seats etc. Much prefer the sports seats(not recaro). Digging the racing Blue but the black/artic would be 2nd choice. Having read other threads about differences i take it there is no difference between 04/54/05/55 plate modles bar the reg and warrnty etc?

I used to drive a 1.4 pug so this would be quitea difference but am gagging on gettting 182 with cup packs.

what do you make of the ones i posted links for?

GW Stage 2 R26
if u get a 182 cup it will have the crappy 1.2 seats no xenons climate etc. but has revised suspension and bigger spoilers plus front splitter and anthracite wheels but if go for a 182 with all the toys the spoilers and the suspension changes were an extra charge option.

rite thanks. Ideas on how much one of those with fairly low miles would set me back or what i could be looking to get for about 7-7.5k ?

cheers

Yea. Have seen lots on pistonheads/autotrader. The first one i posted link to seems ok and the guy inclides 12 months warranty. Not sure if it has the cup packages (say xeons/climate etc in the spec)

Do you think that car represents good value ? Its the closest iv found near to were i live and is within my range

GW Stage 2 R26
not sure bout that one. got the antracite whells wich should mean its got the cup suspension but looks to be to high. and it hasnt got the cup spoilers. wich makes it look gay

Sure. Would liek the car to have the cup packs for obv reasons. Seem to be a few on piston heads in racing blue. Should i be worried about the numebr of previous owners? Any other tips/ things to look out for

Mini Cooper S sport
Hi..

Currently awaitigna loan to buy a new car due to last one being written of by ma mum. Anyhow been looking at various 182s and wanted advice from people who have driven/owned them.

http://www.gibsoncarsales.co.uk/ - clio 182 obv . fairly low miles within budget. Opinions on the colour/maintance that will be needed with in a year or 2 ? value ?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/429424.htm - low miles, no warrenty etc ?

Looking for the sport rather than a cup. going to about 7.5k. Any other sujestions welcome.

Thanks for any help

Buy mine! Racing blue is the best colour anyway. Mine's 54 plate (Dec '04), 23k miles, VGC, both cup packs, UK car - yours for only £7450

Mini Cooper S sport
Haven't officially put it up for sale yet, will be available from May 11th - will give you more details and photos by PM if you like :)

Please. I wont be getting the money fora car fora week or so. But please send some photos details etc. Much appreciated !

Thanks for the help so far. Yea i realise there are many options out there. But have decided to look fora Racing Blue with cup packs preferably. And again spending no more than 7-8k. Low miles etc. If you come accross any in the next few days/weeks please PM or post. Live near edinburgh so local would be ideal but willing to travel if need be.

Cheers

ross_16v

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Is there a way to identify that the cup suspension pack has been fitted (apart from the different wheels, which could have been fitted afterwards), and the seller isn't just talking out of his hoop?

Is there a way to identify that the cup suspension pack has been fitted (apart from the different wheels, which could have been fitted afterwards), and the seller isn't just talking out of his hoop?

Get the wheels on full lock and check the distance form the center of the two bolts holding the shock to the hub if its 60mm then its cup packed if its 54 its not.

Read the buyers guide though

ross_16v

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

Get the wheels on full lock and check the distance form the center of the two bolts holding the shock to the hub if its 60mm then its cup packed if its 54 its not.

Read the buyers guide though

Ah, cheers for that. I'll have a look at the 182 buying guide too.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
get one off pistoheads as there prices are better than dealers.

Edinburgh i see matey - where you fae? strong scottish contingent on here

Peebles if you know that neck of the woods. Bout 30 miles south of Edinburgh. Know of any local sales? Bets iv found is that deal near Hamilton