ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying a 172 with only 1 key.

Hello,
I am buying a cheap 172 cup. Seller has only got 1 key and the car is quite local. I am concerned he may have the 2nd key and steal the car after. Is it possible to change the key & immobiler?
Thanks

RB Clio 182 Cup
Quite common to only have one key, these cars tend to change hands quite regularly so the spare may have been lost.

Just judge the person when you view it, if they seem dodgy then walk away, unlikely somebody would steal a car back after selling as it would be pretty obvious who it was. As long as the paperwork is all filled out and you've got it insured I wouldn't worry.

Car is £200, guy seems dodgy. But I figured as long as iv got the logbook & I get the keys changed then I would be ok

Was going to keep it at work for a while until I could get the keys etc changed anyway. Is it not possible to this job done then?

330i. E30 Touring.
Just insure it!

Then if it gets stolen, you get paid out £1500 and everyone's a winner. lol.

Where was it advertised? Sign in the window? As said it's only £200, take the chance. Why the quick sale, is he moving abroad? If so chap his door on Tuesday to see if he's away. Or buy it for £200, keep it locked up and advertise it for £500.

BG V6, LY 182
£140 for a new key from renault. Almost doubles its value.

It's a no brainer. Get it bought. You said it was a friend of a friend, you'll be able to track him down if he steals it.... even though he will not.

Audi A5
Renault can recode your one key so that's the only key that will work on the car, if your really that worried about it, will cost about £60.

You don't have to buy a new key.

206,172 Cup,focus,X5
Hope it all goes well.

Just disable it when u get it .

Or r u going to use it straight away ?

There is no way this can be legit, no one would sell it so cheap. Even WBAC would give more than £200 for it!

C1 VTR (Company Car)
If someone offered me a 172 cup for £200, and even told me they planned on stealing it back, I'd still buy it. Then tell them they're welcome to try. It'd be a fun game.

Would be fun to watch, he wouldnt be able to find it anyway cus im hiding it :) reprogramme key and get steering lock or something.