ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying a 172 with only 1 key.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Just disable it somehow for a while until you can swap the locks over - fit a hidden switch like my mate did to his - I never found it and I thought I'd looked everywhere!

if everything on the car checks out, buy it and lock it up until you can make sure its secure enough not to be robbed back by the guy selling it. Either that or strip it for parts. im sure you'll make a fair penny on it that way

Audi A5
I find it funny that just because it's cheap everyone assumes the previous owner is going to steal it back.

Doesnt matter if the car is £200, £1000 or £10,000 the same trick can still apply but no one thinks their car is going to get stolen.

I find it funny that just because it's cheap everyone assumes the previous owner is going to steal it back.

Doesnt matter if the car is £200, £1000 or £10,000 the same trick can still apply but no one thinks their car is going to get stolen.

The OP is in birmingham though ;) nuff said lol

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
i sold a car very cheap £500 a few years back, was worth 4 x that amount in parts easy, thing is i needed it gone asap as it had to be moved and i had nowhere to store it, so could be legit but just buy with caution/common sense

Yep if it has one & they've sold it on without clearing it, the bailiffs etc will recover the car FROM YOU.

Found out there is only 1 key because someone else is using the car day to day. I would have to get it from outside thier house. He would then report it stolen. Dont think its worth the risk now! Its all very dodgy

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Found out there is only 1 key because someone else is using the car day to day. I would have to get it from outside thier house. He would then report it stolen. Dont think its worth the risk now! Its all very dodgy

....... wut?

So basically billy crack crackhead is charging you £200 for a key to a care that he doesnt drive. Then he'll report it stolen? Ey?!?!?

Where do you find these people?

Last edited:
  Audi A5

come again.

Your friends friend is clearly f**king mental along with your friend being friends with him. I've never heard of this before.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Buy it and put someone elses address on it, then when the V5 goes to their address, get it change of address to yours, that way he wont have a clue where you live anyway.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

FLOL!

Ignore my post above, had only read your original post when I replied.

"Very dodgy" is a hell of an understatement if you are buying a stolen car!

The guy that was going to sell it me has his name on the logbook and 1 key. Guy that is driving it is different guy, he has the other key. But still a no go for me now if its going to reported stolen by the 2nd guy :( as i said it far too complicated!

Fiesta ST-2
The second guy can report it stolen, so what? It's not his car to report???

I'm guessing the owner bought the car for his boyfriend and found out he's noshing some other guy off? So he's trying to sell the car behind his back...