ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying a 172

Hi all. Im looking at getting a new clio as my old 16V has pretty much had it now. Im
keen on picking up a 172/182 but a bit would really like something reliable for a change
as Ive had a lot of problems recently with the old one. I was wondering how people find the general
running of the newer ones or if theres anything to look out for before getting one.

Got my 172 at the beggining of the year and havent had any major probs with it yet, still puts a smile on my face everyday after work :)

I cant quite remember what the common problems are on the 172/182s but Im sure when the clio pros come on a bit later they can give u a better answer.

In general, a very nice and fun car to own, will put a smile on your face ;)

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.

Loving mine so far. So much fun and I am still taking it easy only did 200 miles in it so far.

Golf R/Leon FR

ive had my mk1 172 for 5 months now and no problems at all (fingers crossed)

but in general the only thing thats annoys me is rattle in the car.

put an exhaust on it and you wont hear it!!!!

Mini Cooper S sport

My 182 has been absolutely fine so far (touch wood)..the parcel shelf squeaks but I just turn the stereo up!

One of the problems a lot of people have had is knocking noises (although no-ones complained about that for a while now). I think some were due to the suspension mounts, others the engine mounts.

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 31 July 2005
Only f**king electrics with mine at the moment.

80% of the problems with mine have been electrical.