ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

buying a clio 182 next week need insurance help

clio sport 182
on the the insurance it says clio 182 and 182 cup when filling out a qoute im getting a 182 with cup pack but thats not the cup model is that right so do i say just a 182 if you see what i mean cheers john

106 GTi
The car is a 182 with Cup pack or packs and should be insured as that. Best of speaking to the companys and getting a quote as such.

clio sport 182
cheers my company is not open today and wanted to do a quote and it only lists 182 or 182 cup i'll phone them on monday cheers

106 GTi
I would put it through as the 182 and see what price it comes out at for now, and then phone them up and see what they say if you decide to go with it.

D

dick

whats it say on log book,
probs just clio182?

if so that what it get insured as.

MINI JCW
dick said:
whats it say on log book,
probs just clio182?

if so that what it get insured as.

Agree, my 182 with cup packs is just insured as a 182. If you tell them it has different suspension they will charge you more, even if it is an optional extra. On that basis they should charge more for arctic blue than racing blue as arctic blue was metallic extra at £350

clio sport 182
yeah i'll go by the log book but want to insure it properly so if anyting does happen the insurance is not void if i ned to claim

Maz

LY 200
Themanwho had exactly the same problem .. I ended up sending him a copy of my invoice for my car which showed the cup packs were factory fitted as his insurance company couldn't work it out .. pahhhhhhhh rubbish companies :( .. go with APlan they know what they are on about :)

Cupped 182 with Recaros
I get my cupped 182 in a week or so and have been looking round for a quote. Admiral have a list of options you can tick, cup packs would probably be covered by ticking
- "Alloy wheels (optional extra)"
- "Suspension lowered (<5cm)" and
- "Bodykit (optional extra)"

i am 25, living in SW London (my postcode comes out as 40 out of 50 as a risk rating, so pretty high!), with no no-claims and got a quote of £985 for me and the missus, having ticked the options listed. I was fortunate enough to have to tick "Interior changes" too, as my car-to-be has Recaros! :D

dick said:
jst whack in the Reg, they can get car details from that.

i thought that, tried it, and it just said 2.0 182, there was no option for cup packs, just the 182 cup!?

so had to ring up directline and explain it to them, but i had the same problem as everyone else does....they dont understand what you mean when trying to tell them that a 182 with cup packs is different to a 182 cup lol

Cupped 182 with Recaros
ppysjrh said:
I get my cupped 182 in a week or so and have been looking round for a quote. Admiral have a list of options you can tick, cup packs would probably be covered by ticking
- "Alloy wheels (optional extra)"
- "Suspension lowered (<5cm)" and
- "Bodykit (optional extra)"

i am 25, living in SW London (my postcode comes out as 40 out of 50 as a risk rating, so pretty high!), with no no-claims and got a quote of £985 for me and the missus, having ticked the options listed. I was fortunate enough to have to tick "Interior changes" too, as my car-to-be has Recaros! :D

Just did a quote on Elephant (who are part of Admiral), ticked all the same options, came out £90 cheaper! Should prob say that I opted for £250 excess and "Business One" usage in both quotes. If you are after non-business use and dont mind a larger excess then it would be even cheaper!