ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying advice please

Hi there,

As you can prob guess from my post count Im new on here.

Im currently in the market for a new car and the Clio 172/172 Cup are very high up my list.

Could you please tell me what I should be looking out for when buying a used one? The cars Im looking at are 52 or 03 plate examples.

I had a drive in a 172 and apart from a lack of steering feel a few degrees off centre and the odd rattle it was very impressive indeed. The clutch seemed very high up but Im told this is normal??

Thanks

Mark

Big Iain - see PM

Owning a Citroen Im used to rattles but would expect the renault to be much better in the build quality department!?

Maybe because theyve been driven a little harder than normal?

In case youre interested, the last time I went up to Renault Leicester, the second-hand section of it had about 5 Blue Clio 172 Cups for sale.

Delivery mileage only and pre-regged. They were selling for about 9,500 I think. This was about 3 weeks ago though, so I cant say if they are still there or not.