ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying new clio - any problems with new model?

Ex Clio, BMW 120d sport
Looking at an 07 plate clio 1.4 dynamique s for the girlfirend tomorrow. Are there anything problems coming through on these models yet which I should look for. Car only done 10k.

Is the warranty 3 years/60k on them?

Cheers
Tom

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
iv got an 07 plater dyn S and no issues as such yet.

MPG was a bit crap at first, now nearly 40ish.

warranty is 3 years/ 60k yes.

try and get one with a/c at least, it wasnt standard on them.

MK3 D.Sport, 2.0 HDI Van
got one when they first came out and apart from being taken bk in for a warnin on the brakes (think cars brakes were falin) its ace!!
if you go for the sports exhaust just make sure you tighten it even 1000 miles or so, got a habit of workin loss due to them only mountin it with one mount not 2!
warranty is 3years or 60k which ever comes 1st, and argee with r20, get the a/c if you can, its a god send!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Tighten the mount every 1000 miles? I would not be happy doing that on a new car! Personally i'd leave it till it fell off.

MK3 D.Sport, 2.0 HDI Van
well i took it bk and got the speach, "its only held on with one mount and because of that there with obviously been some movement"
am not happy with any movement so i tighten the nut about every 1000miles, i would rather take 2mins that chance losin it
cheers

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
^^ :(

no sports exhaust on mine.

parking sensors and a/c for me oh and clio mats. Its 7 months old and mint as anything.

3 MPS
things to look out for are the door sensors , if u have keyless entry,theyd tend to just not work then they do lol the air con climate control makes a grinding niose if use for a long time, (i dont really use mine)and the badly fitting bumpers etc but that might just be renault sport models

Clio 200 FF
well i took it bk and got the speach, "its only held on with one mount and because of that there with obviously been some movement"
am not happy with any movement so i tighten the nut about every 1000miles, i would rather take 2mins that chance losin it
cheers

Can you not put some threadlock on to stop the nut working loose?

things to look out for are the door sensors , if u have keyless entry,theyd tend to just not work then they do lol the air con climate control makes a grinding niose if use for a long time, (i dont really use mine)and the badly fitting bumpers etc but that might just be renault sport models

:eek: do people acutally switch climate off ive got climate an a card key an have had no problems with either