ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buzzing above my head - around interior light?

not sure if this is correct section as it may be mechanical?

as i start my 172 2002 engine, there is a annoying buzzing noise from the interior light area?! there are small speaker type holes....not sure what it can be?

Cant hear when driving what with the engine/radio noise

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
Its a small extractor fan behind the interior light. The buzzing is caused by the bearings in the fan that are buggered. I have the same thing on mine. Annoying as hell

My previous car had the ambient temp. sensor for the climate control...which buzzed!

i wondered if it was that or something like it. o well guess you have to live with it!

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
Jackson172 said:
My previous car had the ambient temp. sensor for the climate control...which buzzed!

i wondered if it was that or something like it. o well guess you have to live with it!

Its a fairly small part. I'm sure it can be replaced.

Had this problem on my 172. It is the air con temp sensor which has a little fan in it. Its gets clogged up and starts buzzing. A new one from Renault dealer parts depart was around a tenner and took about 5 mins to un plug and put the new one in - no noise now...

Caterham 1400 Supersport
Yes, mine does the same, i've taken the fan apart, cleaned it (was filthy), but still it buzzes, so i'll buy another. :(

richard691

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo RS133 & 172
Yeah mine buzzes found out today when a friend mentioned it, I never noticed it to be honest. Is it easy to replace and does anyone have the part number for it?

I just went up to the parts desk and had a look on his computer with bloke who worked there. It's dead easy to take out beforehand and bring into the dealer with you. One multiplug for the wiring and the sensor just clips into place...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Rick said:
Its a small extractor fan behind the interior light. The buzzing is caused by the bearings in the fan that are buggered. I have the same thing on mine. Annoying as hell

Me too, They must have dun it to all flame reds! lol