ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buzzing from left hand side of dash???????

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
First thing in morning when i turn on ignition, sounds like a fan or something??????????

Any ideas??????????

Just going to add it to the list of jobs for warranty work to be carried out..............

1.2 16v Dynamique
I hear a slight buzzing when I first turn the key, someone told me it's the fuel pump or fuel pump relay and nothing to worry about.....

Whether this is right or not thought i'm not sure

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
Isn't it the recirc fan above your head?? There is a tutorial on here how to replace the fan as they get noisier the older they get!

BMW M135i
^^^
Could be the temp sensor fan for the climate but it'd probably do it all the time if it was and it wouldn't sound like its coming from the dash as its above your head.

Shhh
Sounds like the left hand front of the dash, pull the heater fuse's and it goes. You would think its behind the dash, but its the sensor about the mirror area making a noise.

Covered under warranty.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
This morning found out it's coming from holes nearest mirror.

What is it?????????????????????

AliasOmega said:
Sounds like the left hand front of the dash, pull the heater fuse's and it goes. You would think its behind the dash, but its the sensor about the mirror area making a noise.

Covered under warranty.

Clio 172 mk2
A good karate chop to the dash usually does the trick

My 172 is starting to buzz & rattle like fook.....my answer to that is just to turn the music up:D

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
Its the recirc fan - this works with the climate control to determine the heat in the car and whether it needs to warm or cool... There is a fan up there which buzzes - there is a tutorial on here on how to clean/replace as they are only a few quid from a dealer...

Close your eyes, set the computer to test /diagnostic mode and you could be on a plane!! he he

Clio 172
Just Brought a Clio 172 2 days ago and have also noticed a buzzing sound when I turn the ignition key, tracked the sound down to the interior light case, I'm going to take it apart to find out what's going on in there.

BMW M135i
Richie S said:
Just Brought a Clio 172 2 days ago and have also noticed a buzzing sound when I turn the ignition key, tracked the sound down to the interior light case, I'm going to take it apart to find out what's going on in there.

nezza said:
Its the recirc fan - this works with the climate control to determine the heat in the car and whether it needs to warm or cool... There is a fan up there which buzzes - there is a tutorial on here on how to clean/replace as they are only a few quid from a dealer...

Close your eyes, set the computer to test /diagnostic mode and you could be on a plane!! he he

^^^^
It's that if its coming from the interior light, new sensor is about £10 from renault.