ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buzzing Noice in Cabin

Clio 172
Morning guys,

I've just bought my first 172 - love it.

However, when I first turn the ignition on I got a buzzing noise constantly, sort of in the cabin and I think its coming from the passenger side around the glove box - or I could be wrong.

Noisy fuel pump?

I dunno what it is.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Alex

Clio 172
Nah its constant mate as soon as you turn the ignition on.

Just did a search and I'm quite glad a new one is only £25+VAT.

Would a new one stop the buzzing or have I got to do a botch job with some sound deadening or something?

Monaco 172 (02)
I have that problem now, but I have taken the fan apart and it doesnt make the noise when its just hanging by its wires. I tried using sponge around the holder but its still buzzing!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Some people have taken the fan out, cleaned around it, put it back in and cured the buzzing :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
LOL! It's french! ;)

Nah it's the climate control fan. There's a guide on how to fix it iirc.

Megane 225 F1
At least you dont have the sunroof rattle. Having said that, i havent heard it in a while. Maybe it gone :D

Clio 172
lol! - thats true it is french.

I'll have to check out that guide and see if I can repair it - cheaper than going to buy a new one, can't complain it is 6 years old now.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Yes the 172 throttle body does make a buzzing noise when you have the ignition on.
But you don't usually hear that from inside the car, even if the bonnet is open :S