ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bye bye 172....

I've had it since 26th October, been driving it for 4 days....

It's got a problem with the engine, top end, we think its been run on very low/non existant oil at some stage and now its pretty fucked, it's only fucked when it gets hot.
It looks like it's going to end up with a whole new head.
It's under warranty but with a car supermarket, and it's got so many clauses in the contract that i've got a suspicion that they will try and get out of paying.

Pics
DSC00757.gif

DSC00758.gif

DSC00759.gif

DSC00761.gif

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
good luck with warrenty, its bloody hard work to get them to do anything, this they just did mine because i rang everyday

not with carcraft but id imagine a similar kind of warrenty set up

good luck with warrenty, its bloody hard work to get them to do anything, this they just did mine because i rang everyday

not with carcraft but id imagine a similar kind of warrenty set up

yeah well after reading through it today it says that everything engine-wise is covered but then in a clause it says if a problem occurs due to lack of lubrication then it is not covered under warranty.

:mad: :S

clio 182 black /gold
Thats bad that. I thought carcraft give there cars various checks. The engine should not loose oil after 4 days.

Thats bad that. I thought carcraft give there cars various checks. The engine should not loose oil after 4 days.

the engine hasn't lost oil thats the thing, it hasn't had a chance cos i've barely done a hundred miles in it since i had it. My boyfriend is an autosport mechanic and i know enough about cars to get me by, yet we could find nothing wrong with the car when we got it. But obviously an internal engine problem is hard to spot unless its making a racket.

I couldnt drive it when i first got it as it had no tax, so it wasn't until Thursday last week that i had been able to drive it. It's not too bad on start up apart from the aux belt whining, but when it gets hot, it sounds awful, i've honestly heard better sounding tractors. :dapprove:

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
just threated them with sale of goods act,
offer them the choice to repair it or a full refund if needs be

if they dont do it, write a letter to head office stating that you are going to take it to a renault main dealer for evaluation and pending thier findings if it is shown that the vehicle was sold in a less than satisfactory condition you will have the work done and send the bill directly to them

oh yes, I'm not afraid to get nasty, I've spent almost all of my money on this car, I expect it to last more than a week FFS!

If it turns out to be their incompetence then there will be hell to pay!

quick update, Carcraft have admited there is a problem with the clio. They've sent it off to renault to rebuild the top end, including new pistons/valves/cams etc. it is maxing out the budget they said they would fix it for. So in reality i've kinda don well. :) Shame about the astra diesel i've got as a courtesy car.... :(