ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye bye blue and yellow 1.2, hello black and yellow 172...

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Had my little 1.2 Dynamique for a year and 8 months now and decided it was time to upgrade. I learnt in my bro's ph-quick 172 and loved it, got myself a slower version and now I'm on par!

Here's where she got to (currently back to standard trying to sell)...
4355853891_73fa97111a.jpg

I was pretty specific with what I wanted... Obviously I liked yellow and wanted a sunflower yellow 172 but these were too hard to find, so my second choice was Pearl Black. Eventually I found one on AutoTrader and went 25 miles to have a look at it. It wasn't looking great but the work it had done on it made me want it.

The next day I had Nick172cup take me up there and take a look. With his approval, I was up there 2 days later with funds and my bro was driving it back for me (I had to wait until the day after to insure it as I was claiming a windscreen on my current car - which ended up being a waste of time!!).

Anyhow, so got her out and adjusted to the clutch and short throw gear lever quicker than I expected! Loving it so far and not had any second thoughts at all!

Photo from when I went to pick her up.
4436309706_87e3a1432f.jpg

Couple days after she was given a clean... bloody well needed it too! Also took the Sport badge off as it's identical to the Halfords ones (will get new style Renault Sport badge).
4436318548_ffa531c1a9.jpg

And my yellow bits went from old car to new car, along with a new sticker.
4436312524_1eb9f37853.jpg

After this I went for a bit more yellow on the back with the badges...
4435557605_c023f1371a.jpg

...and the front with the fog surrounds.
4436326678_89e0b4f0ec.jpg

That's it for now...

Current mods;

• ktec stainless steel cat back (stealth)
  • ktec short throw gear lever
  • ktec fast road brake kit
  • ktec coilovers
  • clear side repeaters
  • silvervisions
  • aerotwin wipers
  • yellow bits...
  • cliosport stickers ;)
  • "diddy" the duck :)

Planned mods;

• ktec stainless steel recessed system
  • new coilovers (lower)
  • cupra splitter
  • ph2 bumpstrips
  • ph2 rear lights
  • ph2 rear bumper (possibly)
  • slight tint on lights (possibly)
  • black f1 refurb
  • decat
  • remap

Think that's it! Now, for the haters....

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
cant decide wether or not i like the fog surrounds, its prob one of them "need to see in person" things other than that mate looks good

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Rear Renault badge and fog surrounds are pap. Otherwise looks good :)
I wanted the Renault badge off but held in with 3 pins :( Like I said, the new style one will go on shortly... Thanks anyway :)

cant decide wether or not i like the fog surrounds, its prob one of them "need to see in person" things other than that mate looks good
Possibly..! Thanks :)

mps aero
i like it. i wanted to spray my fogs yellow but i diddnt have the balls lol plus the ph-2 fog surrounds are not as subtle when painted.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
i like it. i wanted to spray my fogs yellow but i diddnt have the balls lol plus the ph-2 fog surrounds are not as subtle when painted.
I had a yellow tinting film on my ph2, might be worth looking at that fella!

Dynamique Flamer
I really really like what you have done to it :) looks awesome! Bet your liking having something faster :evil:

1.2 16v
Dont mean too be nosey but how old are you and how much you payin on insurance. Jus curious caus of the jump from 1.2 to a 172 which im also looking into:D

TrackCar & F30 330d
It'll look mint with black F1's

One little tip (IMO) try not to do everything you can take off in Yellow. It over does it

But i do like the yellow bits :)
Gona look good with the other goodies

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Looks rediculous!

Keep it standard looking.
I'll keep it looking how I want to, thanks ;)
It'll look mint with black F1's

One little tip (IMO) try not to do everything you can take off in Yellow. It over does it

But i do like the yellow bits :)
Gona look good with the other goodies
That's pretty much it I think! Don't worry :)
Dont mean too be nosey but how old are you and how much you payin on insurance. Jus curious caus of the jump from 1.2 to a 172 which im also looking into:D
I'm 20 and paying 1500/year

I really really like what you have done to it :) looks awesome! Bet your liking having something faster :evil:
Thanks :) Yeah definately, taking it slow(ish) for a while though!!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Really like it bar the fog surrounds and rear badges... Fog surrounds may look better in person, but the badges arent for me.

Out of curiosity, what did you do to adjust the clutch? And what did it achieve?

Sounds like you bought it with some really good, money saving mods on it, and the plans sound good too, I'm a ph1.5 fan boy (as you can see)

Oh and hows the ktec exhaust? Loud?

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
what front splitter is on the 1.2? where did u get that? both look awsum
Not sure what i was, bought it from someone on here. It's a Renault one from France or Belgium though...
Really like it bar the fog surrounds and rear badges... Fog surrounds may look better in person, but the badges arent for me.

Out of curiosity, what did you do to adjust the clutch? And what did it achieve?

Sounds like you bought it with some really good, money saving mods on it, and the plans sound good too, I'm a ph1.5 fan boy (as you can see)

Oh and hows the ktec exhaust? Loud?

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?
If I could I would debadge it completely, so I kinda agree.. I just wanted something other than standard on the back.

Adjust the clutch? Not done anything with it :)

PH1.5 - love it lol. Yeah the ph1 front end is great and the ph2 front end is too. Best of both worlds ;)

K-tec stealth system (inc. silencer) isn't loud at all.. Only when booting it and most of that is engine noise anyway. If you want a bit more noise then it's great, but if you want something more then drop the silencer and it would be perfect :)

I paid just over 2k for it and almost the same to insure it lol.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Gave the car a good clean/polish/wax/etc at the weekend and painted the calipers.

20100321-DSC_1824.jpg

Also fitted PH2 lights. Next is a new exhaust and PH2 rear bumper..!

20100321-DSC_1828.jpg

Then went to Leake St in London for the third time for a few photos with mates.

20100321-DSC_1814.jpg

20100321-DSC_1808__tonemapped.jpg

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Not a fan of the odd yellow bits everywhere very over done now. If you like it though that's all that matters.

I'm envious of the pearl black though lol. Was looking for a ph1 for three months and all I saw was titanium :(

330i. E30 Touring.
Despite not reading other's comments, I can assume they'll mirror my views.

Looks good, bar the yellow bits. They just make the whole thing seem crowded and too 'Halfords' or 'Guildford Cruise'.

Subtle or stealth on black, FTW.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Done a quick Photoshop of what I want it to look like. Wheels make a MASSIVE difference and may even change the haters to likers...? :rasp:

Untitled-1.jpg

Not sure on fogs yet...

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Yeah thanks. Though they look more anthracite, mine will be gloss black (just hard to Photoshop that).

Freetrack&Monaco 172
From my point of view where different from the norm=good and by the way I have styled my car (LINK).......I think yours looks great. Yellow=win imo, esp on black/blue cars. Mine has more white going on vs my mondial blue but I like it.

Quite amusing how many dont approve of mine, but as you said that you like it so thats how it will be. Same with mine (however I did have a bit of a sticker FAIL at the end of last year)

Your 'artists impression' yesterday looks much better too. I had considered doing my fog surrounds (Ph2 though) white but think they might be too bright within the bumper. Think carbon might look good with your black/yellow combo but not sure if its your thing or not!?

Are you using Fiat Broom yellow?

Rob

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Ah right sorry i missed that bit, hope you get the idea though.
Yeah still gives a rough idea, cheers.
From my point of view where different from the norm=good and by the way I have styled my car (LINK).......I think yours looks great. Yellow=win imo, esp on black/blue cars. Mine has more white going on vs my mondial blue but I like it.

Quite amusing how many dont approve of mine, but as you said that you like it so thats how it will be. Same with mine (however I did have a bit of a sticker FAIL at the end of last year)

Your 'artists impression' yesterday looks much better too. I had considered doing my fog surrounds (Ph2 though) white but think they might be too bright within the bumper. Think carbon might look good with your black/yellow combo but not sure if its your thing or not!?

Are you using Fiat Broom yellow?

Rob
Thanks :) Not sure I want to go down the CF route, but it's a possibility. Yeah that's Fiat Broom Yellow.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I think painting the fog light surrounds back to black would make hell of a difference!

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Yeah still gives a rough idea, cheers.

Thanks :) Not sure I want to go down the CF route, but it's a possibility. Yeah that's Fiat Broom Yellow.

Good good, lovely colour! My front diamond is that colour.......and I have quite a few rattle tins of it left and a stone chip repair pen set.....was thinking of doing my bullets with a fresh coat of silver or white then pen on the broom yellow for the 2.0 16V lettering. WIN imho! ;)

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Weather dependant will be doing this by the Leake St meet ;)

You know what, i was going to put that in my post, but i thought you might not have time, i would be impressed if u get it done by Leake Street meet =)

133, 182, Kangoo 182
You know what, i was going to put that in my post, but i thought you might not have time, i would be impressed if u get it done by Leake Street meet =)
Lol if I want it done it'll get done. When I sprayed them yellow I was due to be out at 8... Started getting them off the car at 6 and they were back on the car (a different colour) at 8 :)

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Engine cover sprayed Pearl Black and engine painted yellow!
20100401-DSC_0133.jpg

20100404-DSC_0141.jpg

Also had a go at tint spraying the fogs... went a little too far so will get the tint off and try again when I can be bothered. Obviously they have little to no light now lol.

20100404-DSC_0144.jpg

And went to a scrappy to pick up some strips and badges... Need to spray these again though as I didn't sand right back and smooth them over first.

20100404-DSC_0142.jpg